Help

Aking

I have recently drew a muzzleloader tag in Idaho. I will be using a Knight muzzleloader and here in Idaho we have to shoot maxi balls or equivalent. I need help with a load for this to shoot efficiently, I have lots of Tripple 7. Any help would be appreciated

I can vouch for Thor bullets, full bore and the are accurate and perform excellent.
I used to shoot triple 7 but after shooting Blackhorn 209 I don't think I can ever go back.

https://www.thorbullets.com/home.html

If you call them, I believe they will send you a sample pack so you can determine which bullet fits the barrel properly. I've heard very good reports.....

Unfortunately, Idaho requires all-lead bullets so, unless I'm missing something, Thor wouldn't be an option. I have used powerbelts (which have a plastic skirt, but somehow have been approved for use here. . .), But additional options are limited (no sabot, no ballistic tip, etc.).

Full disclosure, I've only been on one muzzleloader hunt, so my depth of knowledge isn't great. That said, my FIL had done it numerous times and has loads for both .50 and .54 Knight firearms. I can see if I can track that info down for you if you like, at least to give you an idea.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts