Help with SAKO identification

Flatbow

I thought I had a SAKO 75 but after reading Tribb's tread and comments from Fordy I may have it wrong.
I picked this 7mm RUM up at a gun show a couple years back and as stated after a small amount of research I thought I had a 75 but after seeing some info on another thread I may be wrong as my gun has a floor plate not a removable mag.
The action is stamped with SAKO V , in front of the serial number.
I would sure be grateful for any help on this.

Be well, shoot well,
IMG_0625.JPG

Derivative:
Did a little bit of research and find that very interesting.
I will have to look into it some more later to see if I can find my particular build.
Thanks for info from both of you!

I thought I had a SAKO 75 but after reading Tribb's tread and comments from Fordy I may have it wrong.
I picked this 7mm RUM up at a gun show a couple years back and as stated after a small amount of research I thought I had a 75 but after seeing some info on another thread I may be wrong as my gun has a floor plate not a removable mag.
The action is stamped with SAKO V , in front of the serial number.
I would sure be grateful for any help on this.

Be well, shoot well,View attachment 539106
That is a beaut! I have a Sako A7 in 25.06 and love it. It shoots great. How do you like yours?

Sako actions have many iterations off the 579 platform, Sako V actions are 591 short action and 691 long action. They have refinements from the 579 and are often named a Finnwolf, but there are other names given. My own Sako's are all L461's or L46 actions. These actions are called Vixen. I sold my last Finnwolf and 579's some 20 years ago when their second hand pricing was very high.

Cheers.

Cowboy, yeah my SAKO shoots great. With it bei g a little on the heavy side for a hunting gun to pack a lot but that with the muzzle break and that RUM kicks less than my mtn. Gun in 6.5 cm.

Kliff, thanks . It's not a big collection but you are correct in my presentation could use some work.
Was Just in a hurry to get them off the ground and the shelves and the etc... :)

Maniac
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, I was hoping you would chime in

I don't really plan on selling mine but do you have any idea what one like this would go for. It is in excellent condition

I have no idea. If you have not already you might check Gunbroker to see what they are going for on their online auction site.