Help with cleaning barrel

Great choice with SharpShootr "Patch Out" & "Accelerator". If this is hard carbon, get a bottle of "Carb Out" It is amazing on dissolving carbon, and it will not produce wear or affect your barrel.

If you want, you can call/text me @ 570-974-8097

Bud

Patch out with Accelerator would not touch the hard carbon from firing 8208, R#15, and Varget, take to the bank!
'
JB will never scratch the barrel.

Leaving the carbon in the barrel is the worst decision you can make, as carbon is a barrel killer.

The best rod guides have a separate bushing that centers the rod in the bore guide. This bushing keeps the rod from wearing the lands. Just imagine that the rod guide has to be large enough to allow a brush to go through the rod guide. Without the bushing to center the rod guide, the rod is wallowing around inside the bore guide.

As the brush exits the crown, do not yank the brush back through the crown, slow down, and easy does it.

😂...
Well, actually...I am running a little short of patience by now!
The rifle build turned out beautiful... Naturally, that would be the one that gives me fits!
3 scopes, 2 stocks, 6 powders, 5 bullets and 3 primers and won't dip under 1 moa and stay there.
Will try some flat base bullets tomorrow.
If it doesn't get under 1 MOA and stay there... I'll contact Bartlein. 😞
From the other brother over on the other forum
@X-47B
Gold $$ Contributor
When I get tough carbon deposits, I stick a wet patch of kroil oil and let sit and penetrate. That stuff is pretty good at getting off tough carbon If thats what it is that you have.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
really bad deposits, I plug the bore end with clay and pour it in and let it set awhile, (a day) only use bore snake and wrap a little paper towel on the brushes......rinse and repeat till the paper comes out pretty clean. Shoot the rifle. If it's ok, It's ok. Or re-clean and add JB Bore Paste on the paper toweling and go back to the kroil and finally a pure paper. Now unless you bought the rifle to clean, don't look in there. Barrels differ, 6 to 8 rounds to foul; some however won't shoot right till up around 20. Until it settles down and makes b(u)g holes in paper. go figure...... and we're off.....http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/thorroclean-bore-cleaning-system.3949315/
also do a search for, 'which powders leave the worst carbon deposits in the nice barrel'?
And finally, there was the one that wouldn't..... so went down this road to success. https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...-finish-bullets-fire-lapping-a-barrel.145785/
'shoot the rifle, don't clean it', well .....sooner or later it won't shoot right, and then you clean it.
sorry for the little rant.

If after trying some of the products others have already mentioned it doesn't tighten up I'd tell Bartlein you want a new barrel. Personally I use bore paste and spin it with a drill to remove carbon rings.

My accuracy isn't effected by it, however, with borescope it definitely isn't "clean".
When I got my Browning AB3 in 300 WM it took over 200 rounds for it to quit shaving copper and for the black just like you described to come clean. I'm not sure since I did not bore scope it before firing it, but some of the bluing that they use outside the barrel may have leaked in during its application to the barrel. After all that was done it holds about .75 MOA or less depending on the round fired. It definitely likes 180 gr Nosler accubond and IMR4350.