help with bases

sstaylor

OK first of all this is my first custom and it is almost done. I have a Predator long with Shilen 24" stainless barrel plus custom custom brake in 300 WM. It has a timny trigger, a mcmillan rem classic with edge technology. I have nightforce rings and two piece bases for it. My nightforce 3.5x15x50 should be here next friday. I was going to put the rings and bases on today and lapp the rings so I would be ready to mount scope. The nightforce rear bases do not fit but the fronts fit the gun in front and rear. I need suggestions as I still want to use my nightforce rings. What should I do about bases? Order onother pair and use both fronts?

OK first of all this is my first custom and it is almost done. I have a Predator long with Shilen 24" stainless barrel plus custom custom brake in 300 WM. It has a timny trigger, a mcmillan rem classic with edge technology. I have nightforce rings and two piece bases for it. My nightforce 3.5x15x50 should be here next friday. I was going to put the rings and bases on today and lapp the rings so I would be ready to mount scope. The nightforce rear bases do not fit but the fronts fit the gun in front and rear. I need suggestions as I still want to use my nightforce rings. What should I do about bases? Order onother pair and use both fronts?

I would replace the bases with another set/brand !!!!

Talk to Nightforce about your problem and allow them a chance to make it right.

If that does not get results then go somewhere else.

Dont mix and match bases or rings because no good can come of it,(They are machined
together so they are strait with each other.I made this mistake a long time and the
mismatched rings and bases used up all of the turrent adjustments in the scope.

If port access is not an issue a one piece base is better.

J E CUSTOM

I called Nightforce but they were busy. They were suposed to call back but I was too impatiant to wait for them to call so I called Seekins and ordered a 1 piece Picatinny base and a set of rings for my scope. I am sending the nightforces back. Hopefuly the rings and bases will be here by friday since that is when my scope should be here. I know I should not rush things but my rifle has been 7 months in the making so far and the excitement is getting the best of me.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.