Help with 375 H&H Build

joelbiltz

I know that this dose not belong here but I think you guys could really help me. I am building a 375 H&H for alaska and I need some help and imput. Frist I will be using a Winchester 70 stainless CRF action. Thats all I know..

1. I Plan on using a Shiln BBL cut to 22 in and fluted with a muzzle break installed. Possibly rifled sights insalled. Question is What contour and what muzzle break would you guys recomend That will not weigh alot.

2. I am either looking at a Mcmillan or a HS Precision stock and was wondering Which would be best. I am looking to not have a real heavy gun somthing that will be carried alot that wont kill my shoulder after 10 days in Alaska, This gun will be carried more than shot so the lighter the better.

3. I have a Swarovski 1.5-6-42 PH scope with talley QD rings and bases that will go on this gun. Over all I do not want to go over 9 lbs if I can help from it including ring and bases and scope.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as this will be my first expierence building a rifle.

Also if there are any quality gunsmiths on here that will consider doing this build for me PLEASE let me know here and if you would leave a phone number and I will call as soon as I have time. Thanks for a great sight and your time. Joel Biltz

I can recommend Kirby, (Fiftydriver), he just finished my 270 AM and it's a piece of art. It shoots too! Look for his posts and email him. McMillan stocks are 4-5 months out, last I heard so I hope you are talking 2007 for your hunt. Good smiths are booked too!

My Alaska hunt is about 4 years out. But I am starting to prepare and plan. So I have plenty of time to get this done the way I want it.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.