Help w/ First Hunting Rifle

Which Rifle would you choose

• CZ Sonoran in 7mm

• Winchester Extreme Weather in 7mm

• Winchester Extreme Weather in 300wsm

Results are only viewable after voting.
Understand. I was already assuming that in that number. You add in stock and bedding, bottom metal, barrel and chambering, etc and you'd go over $2500 but not by a lot. I just had a couple built recently so I'm pretty familiar with the numbers.

I had a few smart gunsmiths point this out to me many years ago when I was deciding between having them build on a custom action or a blueprinted factory one. They didn't care what I chose, but pointed out a trued factory action is still factory and won't hold a lot of value. A custom action holds its value really well and you'll almost always be able to get most of your money out of it (it's an investment). People won't be knocking down your door to pay a lot for a used Winchester action. It also doesn't need $200-$300 of work to shoot its best like those Winchesters would. Plus as mentioned the stock, barrel, trigger would be MUCH better. You aren't comparing ford vs Chevy, it's more like Nissan sentra vs. BMW. I never plan to buy factory again knowing what I know now and being spoiled be the quality (hold a good McMillan stock and most off those plastic factory pojs will make you want to barf), but to each their own...certainly your choice, I'm just glad someone got me to think outside the box years ago; it was an unknown world I was happy to discover.

Yes that's why I am looking at one. Others suggested getting a custom rifle built on a Remington action and I was letting them know I wanted a Mauser action
You could probably pick up a used Long Action Magnum Classic stainless on GB or in a pawnshop for under 750.00.

Last I checked you could get the MRC M1999 for around 1.000.

I'm trying to work a deal on a custom built on an M10 Stainless for 1250.00.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.