**HELP** Need to understand trajectory(heavy VS light) in bullets.

Amen.

Customers beleive a lot of things that aren't necessarily true when put into practice. Manufacturers sometimes create the myths/gimmicks or go along with them because often times it really doesn't matter. Dead is dead. And, that's good enough for many folks. Plus there are many hunting/shooting situations.

I neck turn, weigh every charge, check concentricity, etc... Why? Because I live in the city now and only get to hunt a few days a year. I target practice a lot. ...and, arguably spend too much time studying theory and optimizing loads.

I have a brother who I can outshoot at 1k because I've studied and prepared. He has more trophies on the wall because he still lives on the ranch and carries his 270 and factory ammo everywhere he goes.

A lot of the high-tech in modern hunting is driven by those of us who get to prepare more & hunt less. I definitely shot more animals before I bought my first "nice" rifle, before I owned a rangefinder (they didn't exist), before I was developing "the best" loads for firearms. I got more animals then because I had lots of time to hunt. I used to practice shotgun hunting by rabbit hunting WITH SLUGS, and only shooting at the head. I got extremely fast & didn't miss a shotgun shot for 7 years. Now I have scopes that give me "dead on" aiming out to 600 yards & I can spin clicks to shoot much farther. Still, I got more game 30 years ago!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.