Help me judge this AZ bull

I don't want to make this all about inches but he's been accumulating points for this hunt since before I was even born and I want him to come away from this hunt with a solid trophy and an impressive number to tell people.
IMO he is a "solid bull". @26Reload nailed it and he needs to be ground checked! I really don't think grandpa will be disappointed at all. He seems to be blocky and big bodied bull. The inches only tell part of the hunt. Your scouting, your desire to "guide" grandpa to a nice bull is what life is all about! The hunt is also a lifetime hunt for you as well. Not many of us have chance to hunt with our grandpas. I was never fortunate to do so and wish you much success.

Go hunting, bring the story back to us so we can all enjoy "the hunt".!

As many have said 330-350 if we just aren't able to see mass and judge length from the pics. And as several have said, if Grampa likes his looks, shoot him and don't look back. Unless you are under 10yrs old, Grampa probably does not have another 24+ yrs to apply for another tag, so help him get a bull He wants/likes!

Depending on the unit a little bit. At 24 years it's likely a tough one. 23, 10, 8, or 1 even some others I'd try to find other bulls. There must be more in the unit. I'd hunt hard the whole time and try to find a the best bull you can find. Shoot for 380 and settle at whatever makes your grandpa happy. To me, he doesn't look huge, so he can't be a 24 bonus point bull. Hard to say, but in AZ there can be giants, and if it's a once in a lifetime hunt I'd be trying for a giant. You can get a 330" bull in most states after a year. I'd personally use the opportunity to try and find the next world record.

Good Luck to your Grandpa. I have a feeling that in the moment you both will know which one is the right bull based on time left on hunt clock, fatigue and many other factors. Have fun with it.

Not sure but, I have a feeling your Grandpa is a veteran. If he is, thank him for his service from me and others on this forum and if he isn't then again just plain ole good luck is wished for him. There's not enough of us left that just "get it", so relish in time spent with family.

Let us know how it turns out.

Recent Posts