Help me find parts for my new build, Please?

freddiej

To my fellow long range hunters and shooters: I have the starting of a new build.. what I need is places and people to find the rest of the parts for this project. so let me know of any parts you know about. your info dictates my build.
First it's not going to be some super exotic build. it's going to be one of two rounds
#1, 264 Win Mag
#2, 25-06 Rem

How you dictated this is by the following. I have a post 64 Win 70 Action (LA)- no bolt (circa 1965)
If I find a magnum bolt I will be making a fast twist 1:8" or 1:7" twist 264 W/M
If I find a 30-06 bolt I will make a fast twist 25-06 Rem

I have the trigger assembly. I am working on the bottom metal, magazine, follower, spring, bolt lock, and stock (any help with these will be appreciated)
I looked at mid west gun works and new bolts and new hardware are a bit pricey. I want to try to keep the build to a minimum cost for one reason.. I want to see how little I can make a gun for with used parts and starting with just the frame.

IF I fail, which is always a possibility, I will put the LA win 70 up for sale and start all over again.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.