Help me decide which 22LR bolt action

have you look at Tikka T1x MTR? It's a bolt-action .22LR rifle that's known for its accuracy, and it has a threaded barrel for attaching a suppressor. It's also lightweight, weighing in at around 6 pounds, and it has a detachable box magazine that shouldn't interfere with your hand placement. The T1x MTR might be worth looking into as another option that fits your requirements.

In past times I always shot CZ 22's , but I got bored and needed to try something different.

I bought a brand new Mendoza, and fitted it with a quality scope. It's a very accurate rifle with a nice predictable trigger . It's difficult to lose the magazine, and also has the best safely I have ever used before.

No regrets even if it is a bit on the big side. :)

IMG_5956.JPG

Now I am looking at the Savage,was not before but took a look and many great reviews

The problem I have noticed with some bolt action rim fires is that can be awkward to mount a scope and get the correct eye relief. It looks like mounting a scope could be an issue with that Savage.

It's always easy to mount a scope with an automatic 22.

Won a couple of Savage 22's at various competitions some years back(TR and BSS). They surely performed well on the 50 yard line for my informal competition and hunting. When I decided to get into rimfire PRS, I decided give them a try before shopping for a dedicated rifle of one of the popular models in use. Long story, short…..Accuracy/precision and reliability of these rifles was a very pleasant surprise….Never upgraded….And, they have served me well. IMO, with rimfires, it's all about ammo selection.
IMG_2707.jpeg
IMG_0836.jpeg
IMG_0843.jpeg
IMG_0835.jpeg

Recent Posts