Help me decide what to build with a Defiance Rebel Mag Bolt face action

David F

Alright….. Just like the title says… I currently shoot a 6.5 creedmoor, 7mm Rem Mag, 300 RUM and just picked up a CA 300PRC. I have a Defiance action that I bought a couple years ago and it's been sitting in the safe. I was leaning towards a 30 Sherman but since decided against it due to picking up the PRC. Thanks for the help… I know there's a million opinions but I wanna hear them!

Last edited:
Alright….. Just like the title says… I currently shoot a 6.5 creedmoor, 7mm Rem Mag, 300 RUM and just picked up a CA 300PRC. I have a Defiance action that I bought a couple years ago and it's been sitting in the safe. I was leaning towards a 30 Sherman but since decided against it since I picked up the PRC. Thanks for the help… I know there's a million opinions but I wanna hear them!
There is nothing wrong with your pick. Be prepared to get inundated with recommendations.

As Feenix said, nothing wrong with your original pick. I'm probably old fashion and always think that there is nothing wrong with the good old 300 win mag. Brass, ammo might be a little easier to find. Good luck with your decision, always fun to dream and build a new rifle.

And... If you sold it to me, I would build a 338 Sherman Short or Max with an 18-20" Bartlein #3 barrel, carbon stock and a Razor LHT and have a light, handy tack driver, suppressed. ... So... Whatcha say?
Lol! It's not for sale yet…..My first thought was to build a 338 something but I want my kid to be able to shoot it also.

What do you plan on using it for? That's your first consideration....you have a number of chamberings in inventory already, that answers a lot of hunting you might already be doing.
I was planning on it being a multi purpose gun. I was thinking on maybe a 6.5 wildcat or 7mm wildcat?