Help me decide short barrel 6mm

Hunter609

Looking for a 18" 6mm for hunting and steel. Trying to decide between a 6 creedmoor and a 243ai. Most likely going to shoot 115 dtac. If they are both throated properly would there be a big difference in speed to justify fireforming?

I have both cartridges but had I to do it over I would only have the 6mm Creedmoor. The extra involvement of the 243 AI isn't worth it for me and the speed gain wasn't either. 6mm creed also has good factory ammo if you shoot factory.
No mine are both 26 inches but Critter picker is thinking the same as me. If I went short I would for sure do a Creed.

He couldn't know if it's a bad choice because you never gave the application it will be used in. It's always about the application of the said rifle and that will determine if the cartridge is a good choice. Then of course the bullet choice will be next etc, so he would have no idea until you give the intended use.

Looking for best speed out of a 18" barrel. It will be throated for 115dtac. I will be reloading for it, max length will need to be under 2.950 and will need to be based of a .473 bolt face. It will be primarily for hunting black tail on the Oregon coast.