Help me decide if I need the Leica 1600

loosesniper2000

Hey guys, I would like some input on my dilemma. I currently have the Swaro rangefinder but I have a chance to get a Leica 1600...soon
Anyway I was just wondering if it would be a smart move since I'll have to sell my Swaro to pay for it. Mike33 on here has been shooting with me nearly every week and he has one which I like but I'm not too sure since I'm able to get a little better readings on mine. I like the features on the Leica so I was hoping since some of you have had them for a while, if you think the change is worth it.
I appreciate any feedback
Thanks, Dustin

Hey Mate,good to see i am not the only one ruined by this great site:D,i would say keep your swaro and stop looking at anything else.

My dad bought one and I have carried it along with my swaro for the last two months. First of all, i love it! its fast, its small, and light wieght and it works as every bit as good as my swaro. Here is my thoughts: My swaro works really well, but some of my friends have swaros that dont work well. If your swaro is one that works really well, then i dont think you will do better with the leica. if your swaro is one that doesnt read past 1300 all day long, then you will like the leica better.

My swaro is a couple of years old, and i must say that i have considered the idea of selling it and using the money to by a new leica. i figure it works just as good and I can probable get a new leica with close to what i can get for the swaro.

bottom line: if my swaro was brand new and i already owned it, i wouldnt sale it to buy the leica. knowing what i know now, if i didnt have either, i would buy the leica.

good luck

My dad bought one and I have carried it along with my swaro for the last two months. First of all, i love it! its fast, its small, and light wieght and it works as every bit as good as my swaro. Here is my thoughts: My swaro works really well, but some of my friends have swaros that dont work well. If your swaro is one that works really well, then i dont think you will do better with the leica. if your swaro is one that doesnt read past 1300 all day long, then you will like the leica better.

I appreciate the info. I have used the Leica 1600 from a buddy of mine. The reason I like it is it's really quick with the readout. There's times I have to push the little eagle on my swaro sevreral times before I get a readout. I would say mine works well because I can range past 1300 yds but I don't like the inconsistencies in missed readouts.

The Leica 1600 has the angle display option - an advantage over the swaro.

The Leica is also half the weight.

In lower light I've been able to range buildings at almost 2100 yards!

Not as far with animals but easily 1500 yards - the problem tends to be hand shake at that distance and keeping the animal in the measuring point

Still if the swaro works ok for you I don't think its necessary to change.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.