need help on the leica 1600b

so would I basically be buying this rangefinder for just getting distances? Whats an easy way to get the angle to plug into the Shooter app? And lastly, is there a setup where you can have the Leica 1600B display the angle, temperature, bp and distance all separately??

I use the 1600b primarily for yardages. But yes, you can display the temp, pressure and angle separately from the yardage. I input all of those numbers into my Shooter app. I will typically cross reference the pressure and temp with my Kestrel, but the angle function is very helpful so I don't have to set my iPhone on my barrel to get an angle reading.

I use the 1600b primarily for yardages. But yes, you can display the temp, pressure and angle separately from the yardage. I input all of those numbers into my Shooter app. I will typically cross reference the pressure and temp with my Kestrel, but the angle function is very helpful so I don't have to set my iPhone on my barrel to get an angle reading.

So with the Leica 1600B the only thing the kestrel can give you that the Leica can't is the Wind speed and direction? (I guess humidity too but that should be pretty easy to find on any weather app or weather station online.) aside from the conveniency of having the ballistics and everything all on the Kestrel 4500 AB.

Yes, the 1600b really gives you everything you need except wind data.

Humidity does not have any significant impact on trajectory for me to take the time to calculate and input into my shooting solution. My trajectory with the lowest BC bullet that I shoot only has a .7 inch variation in drop at 1200 yards between 0% and 100% humidity. So I just default humidity to 40% in the shooter app. Worst case I'll be off by only about a 1/4 inch due to my humidity being wrong. Just something to consider.

I know this is an old thread, but it has so much relevant information that it only makes sense to reply to it vs starting a new one.

I have a load worked up that I am happy with and have been using for several years and dont see me changing any time soon. It makes sense to me that I could purchase a custom turret utilizing my known rifle/bullet ballistics and set the environmentals for the turret to the default 1600-B settings of 29.92in.hg. and 68F. Then whenever I go up in elevation or temp change the 1600-B would compensate and provide an accurate shoot to solution, up to 875yds. Is my understanding correct?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.