Help Choosing Powders

Last week I mixed two eight pounders and 5 one pounders of Retumbo. 5 different lot# total. Labeled all containers LOT 2.

You shoot a LOT more than I do. 21lbs of Retumbo... I doubt if I've shot 21 lbs of all powders combined over the 50 years I've been shooting and reloading. Well, maybe if I included the fireworks I ignited in the teenage years!

It doesn't take very long to burn up a lot of powder at 100 grains each time you pull the trigger that is more than three times what I use.

It is kind of convenient when taking stock for my 7mags when its time to order powder. Or bullets.

Its kind of odd though after loading my thirsty high volume hunting rounds and then start loading a 6BR.

I'm like..." is that IT" !?!?!?

It is kind of convenient when taking stock for my 7mags when its time to order powder. Or bullets.

Its kind of odd though after loading my thirsty high volume hunting rounds and then start loading a 6BR.

I'm like..." is that IT" !?!?!?

Yep, I was in shock when I first started loading for my .300 BLK... 16-18 grains of magnum pistol powder made me flashback to loading for my .357 magnums. :D

How do you like that cartridge?
Factory ammo is expensive as hell, so if you plan on shooting one, better plan on loading for it. Other than that, the concept and design is quite nice. VERY efficient cartridge for what it is. Plus, I make my own brass from range pickup LC 5.56, so brass is virtually free. It's a pretty cool cartridge. If you can afford to feed it, build an AR upper. But if you want it for plinking and to see just how efficient the cartridge is, I'd go for a bolt-action. I built a custom 16" upper for my AR's, but if I had to do it over again, I'd just spend that money on a Rem 700 SPS Tac 16.5" .300 BLK. JMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.