Need help choosing a bullet for 300 win mag

Johandre

Hi guys I need help choosing a bullet for long range shooting for my 300 win mag. In south africa we are limited to a few choices of bullets and weights and you dont always get the same bullet everytime you buy. so heres my abailable options 168 nosler cc also in 190. and then some lapua scenars in 185 gr . i love sierra mk bullets but i cant seem to get them in 175 or higher Grains in SA. My only concern with the heavier 185 and 190 bullets are that im going to run out of elevation on my scope at about 655 yards with a mv, of 2720 fps wich is max that i can get out of south african powders on this weight bullets. also planning to hunt thin skined game with this bullets like impala and springbok .
thanks allot

Hi guys I need help choosing a bullet for long range shooting for my 300 win mag. In south africa we are limited to a few choices of bullets and weights and you dont always get the same bullet everytime you buy. so heres my abailable options 168 nosler cc also in 190. and then some lapua scenars in 185 gr . i love sierra mk bullets but i cant seem to get them in 175 or higher Grains in SA. My only concern with the heavier 185 and 190 bullets are that im going to run out of elevation on my scope at about 655 yards with a mv, of 2720 fps wich is max that i can get out of south african powders on this weight bullets. also planning to hunt thin skined game with this bullets like impala and springbok .
thanks allot

Try a canted base (i.e., 10, 15 MOA) or ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/wcRAX5OLtJE?t=2[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.