Help! Can't believe this happened

Yes, I checked that also and noted it earlier. Also notice that people with 300 prc were using this same brake. So I figured it would be ok for 300wm. I guess I was wrong
It's a .30 Caliber... the same diameter it makes no difference, and pressure shouldn't either in those cartridges as far as design and material.

The other ports an the final exit hole look unharmed. I don't see how it could be a bullet strike. Maybe too much pressure at eluded to earlier. If you have all the specifics the gas pressure at the muzzle could be calculated in Quick Load or GRT.

Both cartridge .300 Win Mag and the .300 PRC at SAAMI of 64, and 65,000 respectively, so again shooting the .300 WM in it should make no difference, I think it is a bad metal problem in the brake now if it's not a clear and undisputable bullet strike.

100% material flaw. Microscopic hairline fracture in the bar stock it was machined from. Bullet strikes just don't look like that and they wouldn't just hit the first port. Just a warranty issue, I'd assume the manufacturer will just send you a new one. If they don't, replace it with a Terminator.

Both cartridge .300 Win Mag and the .300 PRC at SAAMI of 64, and 65,000 respectively, so again shooting the .300 WM in it should make no difference, I think it is a bad metal problem in the brake now if it's not a clear and undisputable bullet strike.
Well, when the brake is rated for 308 class cases which yield muzzle pressures under 8K, and you shoot a cartridge with close to 14K of muzzle pressure, the OP may be lucky for this to be covered under warranty.

Well, when the brake is rated for 308 class cases which yield muzzle pressures under 8K, and you shoot a cartridge with close to 14K of muzzle pressure, the OP may be lucky for this to be covered under warranty.
I'm not looking for warranty replacement here. I'm just looking for answers. I've already ordered a different brake. Which to me does sound like a flaw or too much pressure for the brake can handle. Or even a combination of both. If they offered to replace that I definitely wouldn't use it on the same rifle. Most likely would use it on a 300 blk

I'm not looking for warranty replacement here. I'm just looking for answers. I've already ordered a different brake. Which to me does sound like a flaw or too much pressure for the brake can handle. Or even a combination of both. If they offered to replace that I definitely wouldn't use it on the same rifle. Most likely would use it on a 300 blk
Sorry, I was pointing out to a guy the differences between chamber and muzzles pressures. In your defense, making brakes with lower pressure ratings is a recipe for disaster.

Oh!, for some reason I thought he'd said it was a .300 PRC brake and he had a .300 Wm, šŸ¤” I was incorrect... thanks, got me up to speed now. šŸ‘

Rifle is a 300wm and was shooting at the range just an hour ago. Groups were wider than normal. Then really opened up about 3" left. The last shot was a ragged hole like it was sideways. Anyone seen this before and if so what the heck causes it? Have less than 300 rounds down this pipe and brake. The brake is Ultradyne Apollo Max. Thanks for any help.
I would be interested to know what you find out about the cause, as I have the same brake on my Remington 700 300WM Long Range. Hopefully there's no damage to your rifle.

It looks like a a flat, hardened, foreign object, occupied the third port from the muzzle. It
"Rolled / flattened the forward edge of this port, scratching the carbon on the interior of the opposing side of the brake, as it was levered forward, fracturing the thin rear wall of this port.

Any chance the bullet came apart as it left the muzzle causing minor damage to the the brake ... causing the large group? Then additional rounds compounded the damage until you had the catastrophic failure?