Help! Babysitting!

Well Muddy it looks like you survived, bet you had as much fun as they did and cant wait till the next time

I have two great grand daughters ( 2 and 4 years old ) thank God they are rarely at my house together. My wife has two three month old puppies that helped burn up a lot energy this week. I should add that I was at work. I guess the great grand daughters and puppies took good naps.

I have THREE 3 year old grandsons who "visit" my wife and I often. When Covid hit, the day-care centers all closed. Some never reopened. Guess where the boys landed??

I now consider myself an expert at handling toddlers. 😁

Structured activities and entertainment are the key. Excursions out of the house take time and keeps their minds busy. A trip to the pet store or the toy store always perks them up. Hopefully, they'll fall asleep on the ride back home because they won't nap at our house.

Long bike rides that end at the park or the lake where they can feed the geese is one of our regular activities. I take videos with my phone and they love to watch themselves when we get back to the house. Their folks like the real time videos too.

One of our boys loves to bake so mama keeps him busy in the kitchen making cookies, cakes or helping with dinner. Then they all get to take fresh snacks home too.

None of my boys watches much TV so we've got to be creative every day. Mixing activities up each day helps to prevent boredom for kids who have short attention spans to begin with.

I never thought I'd get so excited to have a bunch of 3 year old, mischievous boys running around, but I do. On the few days that they don't "visit", we really miss them. FACETIME fills in the blanks around here.

As you age, having kids around is a blessing that you don't realize until you experience it.

And to keep things on topic - yes I've considered buying them a few rubber band guns but they're still a bit wild for that. LOL

Have fun !!

Get your tent out and go "camping" in the basement or the master BR. Or get a couple large boxes and they can build Fort Ticonderoga...
Oh yeah, DrMcMuffin is a fav too.. OMG I know all the shows! Steven Rinella has to be laughing.
I have 3 daughters, 2,4,7. They love "camping" with my stuff and helping "organize" my gear, also using my calls like the best Doug Flutie the forest has ever heard. And yes, they love Dr McMuffin 😆

OK survived today and had a ball. But Blues Clues, Santiago, Paw Patrol, Dr. McMuffin was the real test! The 3 year old was dressed in Doc McMuffin white jacket, stethoscope, humungous syringe for meds and cell phone! I begged her to put me down! LOL! Wonderful diversion from all the news crap. Life is so simple for a 3 and 5 yr old it just makes you smile. So tomorrow is sledding day. I have a big black ice fishing sled that I will pull around property to track deer, yote and squirrels.