Help!!!

WarKitty

Being a 6MM Remington nut, I always wanted the predecessor to the modern incarnation. I recently acquired a Remington Model 722 chambered in 244. It is in remarkable shape for a nearly 60 year old rifle. I plan on making use of the 1:12 twist by feeding it Nosler 55 grain silvertips.

I would like a bipod on here however, there is no swivel stud or other means to attach one. I don't think I want to drill holes into an original stock in excellent condition nor do I want to risk damage with a barrel mount. Does anyone have any ideas for putting a bipod on here?

Thanks

Boyds: CLASSIC REMINGTON® 722 SHORT ACTION FACTORY BARREL CHANNEL PEPPER LAMINATE (SEMI-INLET) Boyds Classic

for your hunting stock I'd go with something like this. It'll keep the dings off of the original stock too.

As to the twist rate, the only pills you shouldn't be able to spin would be those heavier than 90 grains for lead core and 85 or so for mono. I'd take the 87 grain hornady out after game up to white tail if you watch your range a bit.

Thanks for the reply. This is going to be dedicated to super light bullets. I have a Model Seven in 6MM 18.5 inch barrel and I also have a Model Four Semi Auto with a 22 inch barrel both with a 1:9 twist. Those will be used to sling 87-105 grain Noslers. I really do need to pick up a Model 700 and maybe retire the Four and Seven even though they shoot like a dream.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.