He has risen!

Amen ! Praise the Lord ... He is Risen and he lives in my soul ....
Jesus is the one and true God . What proves this ?? Because he is the only one that has ever died and ressurected to live ever more . He is coming again friends ! One of these days "every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that he is Lord"

Amen ! Praise the Lord ... He is Risen and he lives in my soul ....
Jesus is the one and true God . What proves this ?? Because he is the only one that has ever died and ressurected to live ever more . He is coming again friends ! One of these days "every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that he is Lord"
AMEN! Brother.

My dad passed away last year. Easter Sunday was the last time he was able to attend church last year before he saw his Saviour face to face. I can't think of a more fitting last church service. I can still hear my dad's voice when he would say "Amen". What a joyous day it is for a Christian! He is risen!

My dad passed away last year. Easter Sunday was the last time he was able to attend church last year before he saw his Saviour face to face. I can't think of a more fitting last church service. I can still hear my dad's voice when he would say "Amen". What a joyous day it is for a Christian! He is risen!

Sorry to hear aboiut your dad but glad to hear about his current situation!.....Rich

Sorry to hear aboiut your dad but glad to hear about his current situation!.....Rich
+1

We used to do a "Sonrise" service on Easter morning just before sunrise. My pastor moved and started another church and we were between pastors for over a year and the new guy had never done one so there were a couple years there where we didn't do it.

One of the grumpy tell-it-like-it-is old guys (great friend of mine) grouched to me one spring about not having the Sonrise services anymore so I mentioned it to pastor and we did it again for the first time in a few years- last year. Well, a month or so my grumpy old friend went home to be with the Lord. We did Sonrise service again this year, but I missed old Clarence and I told his widow so.

The sign outside my church says, "Precious to the Lord is the death of His saints," right now.

The sign outside my church says, "Precious to the Lord is the death of His saints," right now.

Amen to that! :)

One of the many things to take into account to humbly just begin to take baby steps to understand the mind of God...

There is nothing like the physical death of a dear Christian brother to bring this verse into focus, among many others...

Sola Scriptura!

elkaholic and Good,
Thanks and I'm happy about his current situation too! Mom and I were with him when he passed. It was a sad but also exhilirating experience knowing that my dad was about to be in the presence of Jesus. It is difficult to describe. God's grace was definitely evident. I can't imagine standing by his death bed and not knowing what would happen to his soul after physical death. Thank you God!

elkaholic and Good,
Thanks and I'm happy about his current situation too! Mom and I were with him when he passed. It was a sad but also exhilirating experience knowing that my dad was about to be in the presence of Jesus. It is difficult to describe. God's grace was definitely evident. I can't imagine standing by his death bed and not knowing what would happen to his soul after physical death. Thank you God!

Sambo.....I know exactly what you mean! We just went thru a situation with a family member passing that did not know the Lord and the whole experience was dark, cold, and ugly! There is "no hope" but in Christ!....rich

Sambo.....I know exactly what you mean! We just went thru a situation with a family member passing that did not know the Lord and the whole experience was dark, cold, and ugly! There is "no hope" but in Christ!....rich

I know what you mean. Christian deaths are always full of hope. Our pastor went home to the Lord a few months ago after battling testicular cancer for 2yrs. It sucked watching him die, but he didn't go without a fight. I heard that nurses that needed a place to be uplifted would go to his room just to relax. He was an amazing man. Lived and preached until his dying breath. His was two hours. A preacher he knew from college came up from Brazil to speak at his memorial. A worship team from another church came to play. It was awesome!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts