Hart barrels gunsmithing

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by coyotelite, Jan 18, 2014.

1. coyotelite

coyotelite Well-Known Member

I was on hart rifle barrels site and saw that they will do the machine work and mount their barrel on your action for $700. This includes the new barrel price. Seems like a smoking deal! Has anyone used this service or heard how the quality is?

2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Hart has been amongst the top barrel and rifle makers in the country for decades. They do great work.

3. No Fear in Accuracy

No Fear in Accuracy Well-Known Member

Does it come with chambering and thread for muzzle brake? I presume it is 28 inch barrel?

4. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

THey don't make it any more unfortunately.

To get a 7mm STW in a Winchester today you either have to find an old one or do it custom.

5. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

My buddy had Hart install a barrel and break on his 300WB. They also bedded a McMillan stock at the same time. The did an outstanding job and the rifle is an excellent shooter.

6. yobuck

yobuck Well-Known Member

there are 2 companies with the name hart. the one located in upstate new york
    is hart barrels. they also do gunsmith work.
    the one in nescopec pa is hart rifles who is strictly a gun builder along with other shooting related products.
    at one time many years back it was one business owned by 2 brothers named robert and clyde and was situated in nescopec. the current managment of both busineses
    is third generation.

7. coyotelite

coyotelite Well-Known Member

Ya this is the one in New York according to the site.