Harris "S" series bipod. BR vs 9-13" What do you use ?

Down Under Hunter

I am shooting steel tomorrow and will be trying the BR model vs the 9-13 that I have had on my gun since day one. What do you generally prefer and did any of you noticed improved accuracy at LR when using the BR model. It should be better I'd say ?

Cheers

DUH

I use which ever one suites what I'm doing at the time. If I'm on a bench I use the BR if prone most of the time I use the 9-13, but sometimes it's still too high if I'm shooting in a relatively flat area. I've never tested them against each other for accuracy though.

BR-S Is the only one I use. I have tried a few others, but this works the best for me. It's also perfect for those over-the-hood shots that present themselves from time to time.

I use the 9-13" with leg notches, it just works better for my LR hunting, My rear bag is built like a wedge of cheese, 8x12" 4" thick tapered to 1".
I set the bipod legs in the third notch and can get on target from 8 degrees downhill to 8 degrees uphill just by sliding the bag under the pistol grip.
I have a couple other sizes and as long as you preload them the same, the accuracy is about the same shooting off of them.
RR

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.