Hand loading for hire?

Curious if any of you have done this and what you charge? I have a guy that would like me to develop loads for his rifles. One of his rifles I already have dies for, the other I do not. Should I have him buy the dies, or should I buy them and figure it into the price of load development? I am figuring on charging for material and then some figure for labor. The labor is the one I am struggling with.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

I think your question was answered

And I believe the saying goes( No good deed will go unpunished )

J E CUSTOM

I've reloaded for one person, one time, and I won't do it anymore. He wa happy with the loads and they worked fine but once the bullets left my possession I was always wondering if I made a mistake that would hurt someone. It's not worth it from a legal position either.

I reload for my dad uncle and cousins. The only time that anything went wrong was a box of 7 mag that I got a little to happy with when seating the bullets and pushed the necks in a little. That was probably 5 years ago and when he shot them they just fireformed back to normal. With reloading for others I stay far away from max loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.