Hammer time

VTbluegrass

1921C330-5057-4C53-A3DF-D62A866E424C.jpeg

Nice medium 8 for Eastern, NC
Kimber 30-06
124gr Hammer Hunter rolling around 3480FPS
Was standing in the field when I climbed in the stand in the dark. Luckily him and all the does didn't spook and stuck around till sunrise. Big mule kick, ran/stumbled 30yards and fell over. Back at the truck drinking coffee by 7:30am.
Lungs were completely obliterated but did not see exit hole when field dressing. I may update later with bullet performance pics after I skin and break him down for the cooler.

No pics from breaking down because it's just a bit gruesome but the bullet exited in a slightly over caliber hole in the opposite shoulder. Went through the meaty section, looks like a drilled hole and after wiping away the blood it looks 90% salvageable. Found one small exit just below the main bullet, I assume a petal exit, and I did find a petal buried in the front half of the opposite shoulder.

Overall happy with my first Hammer deer

No pics from breaking down because it's just a bit gruesome but the bullet exited in a slightly over caliber hole in the opposite shoulder. Went through the meaty section, looks like a drilled hole and after wiping away the blood it looks 90% salvageable. Found one small exit just below the main bullet, I assume a petal exit, and I did find a petal buried in the front half of the opposite shoulder.

Overall happy with my first Hammer deer
Nothing ... is ... too gruesome ... for ... those of us ... on this LRF Forum! We are all medical experts to some degree. A good necropsy photo is always studied, and restudied.

Recent Posts