Hammer hunter success

OG-danimal

Long story short I made a bad shot, and the 124 HH saved my bacon… I think. I shot this buck hard quartering away at 177 yards with my 6.5 prc. MV 3300fps. Due to variables, mostly the sun blinding me through my scope, the shot ended up entering into the rear quarter/ham. He ran, but bedded down less than 100 yards away. We relocated the buck quickly and were able to get a quick kill shot in him. During the butchering process we found that the bullet entered the rear quarter, obliterated the right femur, and unfortunately quite a bit of meat (my fault). The bullet continued through the rear quarter, punched through the right rib cage, and came to rest on the left inside scapula. Talk about penetration! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the investigative work on the insides of the deer, but I do have a picture of the bullet. Thanks Hammer Bullets.

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1569.jpeg
    IMG_1569.jpeg
    356.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1567.jpeg
    IMG_1567.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 79
Long story short I made a bad shot, and the 124 HH saved my bacon… I think. I shot this buck hard quartering away at 177 yards with my 6.5 prc. MV 3300fps. Due to variables, mostly the sun blinding me through my scope, the shot ended up entering into the rear quarter/ham. He ran, but bedded down less than 100 yards away. We relocated the buck quickly and were able to get a quick kill shot in him. During the butchering process we found that the bullet entered the rear quarter, obliterated the right femur, and unfortunately quite a bit of meat (my fault). The bullet continued through the rear quarter, punched through the right rib cage, and came to rest on the left inside scapula. Talk about penetration! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the investigative work on the insides of the deer, but I do have a picture of the bullet. Thanks Hammer Bullets.
Nice buck! Glad you recovered. Hammer penetrated we'll!