Hammer Hunter Load Data, (See page 1, Post 8)

Ok looked over the load data sheet really good and I didn't see a load for the 92gr HH's for a 257 Roberts. If someone has a powder that they would recommend and a safe starting point that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Ok looked over the load data sheet really good and I didn't see a load for the 92gr HH's for a 257 Roberts. If someone has a powder that they would recommend and a safe starting point that would be much appreciated. Thank you.
The easiest way to find a load close to the bullet weight you want to use is off the Hodgdon website. I took a quick look an a lot of powders are listed, use the starting load and move up until you get to pressure.

The easiest way to find a load close to the bullet weight you want to use is off the Hodgdon website. I took a quick look an a lot of powders are listed, use the starting load and move up until you get to pressure.
Okay I just didn't know if these bullets needed a different burn rate then conventional. Thank you.

Okay I just didn't know if these bullets needed a different burn rate then conventional. Thank you.
They will use an above max load of suggested powders for that bullet weight if you can get it all in the case, if not look at the next bullet weight down and start 4 grains below Max

Everyone seems to be using some very slow powders for light weight bullet loads. Is this a fad? I have for the past 30 years always used mid range powder an have had great results. Someone please explain the change? Old farts can still learn new tricks. 😄😄👍🏻

Depends on the cartridge. If you have a huge capacity case and a longish barrel, sometimes it works. You just got to be able to burn all the powder (think RUM or huge Noslers/Wbys). For Hammers you need to find pressure, then back off a grain or so. If you can't get to pressure, drop back to much faster
powders.
G