Hammer Hunter .338 260 Grain?

Left Hand Dave

Anyone load and shoot the HH 260 grain in .338? Looking for what you found with BC/drops and any other info you can give. Looking to possibly load in a .338 Lapua Mag and when I ran the numbers it looked like a wash on drop and drift between them and the Berger 300 grain. I have a hard time believing that and I would like to know how much your giving up in drop and drift to see if I am ok with it.

I run that in my 338 lapua improved. I do t have any data on it anymore as I just got a new phone and lost that one in my applied app. Bullets does great and works fantastic on game as you would expect. I guess it depends on how far you were really gonna send the round. don t remember specifically what distance it was but it out a long way before the Berger overtook it for drop. Wish I could be more help but I won't get back out with that one for a while.

I load them in my 338 lapua with lapua brass and 215M primers, N570 is the 1st and only powder that I have ever used and it's exceptionally accurate, I haven't checked for drops though, I can tell you they are critter wreckers

I run that in my 338 lapua improved. I do t have any data on it anymore as I just got a new phone and lost that one in my applied app. Bullets does great and works fantastic on game as you would expect. I guess it depends on how far you were really gonna send the round. don t remember specifically what distance it was but it out a long way before the Berger overtook it for drop. Wish I could be more help but I won't get back out with that one for a while.
Never rely on electronic memory. I keep a notebook hard copy of all my reloads.

I load them in my 338 lapua with lapua brass and 215M primers, N570 is the 1st and only powder that I have ever used and it's exceptionally accurate, I haven't checked for drops though, I can tell you they are critter wreckers
Shame there are no dinosaurs left for you to shoot. I'd like to see what it would do.

I loaded them up for my 338 RUM with 30" barrel. Excellent accuracy with H1000 and pushed them to 2930.

I haven't hunted with them as I went with the 267 gr HHT this season. BC seemed to be pretty close when testing at 575 and further for the HHT.

Tipped over a doe antelope at 400 yards. The whitetail buck I shot the weekend wasn't a fan either and went down within about 50 yards.

Never rely on electronic memory. I keep a notebook hard copy of all my reloads.
I should state I have all
My load data and speeds just note in my phone for quick drop and wind comparison. I do write down all the important details in a book. Sorry I should have stated that better. I need to load all that data back in from my old phone. But as memory serves I did chose that round as it took a long way for the 300gr Berger to best it.