Hammer Bullets compressing my powder charge.

I'm in Canada also. ITAR rules have changed. Steve at hammer is currently pricing international shipping and should be able to ship to Canada soon! I asked him about it a week or two ago on the hammer bullets forum. Haven't gotten a update for awhile but they should be able to ship to Canada very soon. Sorry for the hijack.

I'm in Canada also. ITAR rules have changed. Steve at hammer is currently pricing international shipping and should be able to ship to Canada soon! I asked him about it a week or two ago on the hammer bullets forum. Haven't gotten a update for awhile but they should be able to ship to Canada very soon. Sorry for the hijack.
No worries but Sounds like another thread to start.

I wish you the best tech4 as I reload for 270 win also among many others.Never used Hammer bullets YET but I have killed many many white tail's and Muley's with a 130 gr Interbond.Can't find the Interbonds lately but a Nosler Accubond kills about as good.
When you get through this it will be you giving advice on a similar issues.Live&learn
Old Rooster

Looking at the picture of your mechanical caliper it appears to me you have your bullet seated just over 3.0., SAMMI is 3.34, why are you seating it so deep? It looks to me you could move the bullet out much further. Your mechanical caliber looks to be reading 3.040 not 3.40.

Yep, yard stick is busted.

Yes I know I wrote it down wrong. I disassembled that caratige and I am using CBTO of 2.785. The other problem I was using Hornady load data for 145 gr ELD-X and was told I had to use load for a copper bullet because the bullet is longer. That solved my problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.