Hammer bullets barrel life

I won't buy products from people I can't stand even if at times its cheaper/ better or whatever. Example:
I will be buying a tangent theta soon and will never buy from the YouTube star due to a narcissistic condescending tone throughout his posts. I will gladly pay more. I honestly can't imagine how we ever survived without the carpenters tool bullets.
BTW, I love your new location. LOL!

850 is pretty impressive for a 28 Nosler run hot. I have seen between 400-700 in numerous 28s.
Stick to three round strings and never shoot it hot and clean frequently and you can get a lot more life out of the hot running rounds than most would imagine.

If you shoot any rifle so that it's hot to the touch and keep on shooting you are going to rapidly decrease barrel life.

Stick to three round strings and never shoot it hot and clean frequently and you can get a lot more life out of the hot running rounds than most would imagine.

If you shoot any rifle so that it's hot to the touch and keep on shooting you are going to rapidly decrease barrel life.
Never shot a 28 Nosler more than 3 rounds between full cooling.

Another for the ignore list. Some people just live to argue. They don't care about forward progress… they just like arguing. They'll argue over anything, everything. Zero first hand experience, but they'll argue until the cows come home.

God bless them, and keep them… but I'm under no obligation to suffer the willfully ignorant and angry.

Another for the ignore list. Some people just live to argue. They don't care about forward progress… they just like arguing. They'll argue over anything, everything. Zero first hand experience, but they'll argue until the cows come home.

God bless them, and keep them… but I'm under no obligation to suffer the willfully ignorant and angry.
Don't ignore him keep doing what your doing, like I said he's easy to figure out

He reminds me of my computer guy. Because P C Matic adverse so much he is annoyed and won't use or recommend it, despite it wins most anti-virus competition. I generally do my own thing and couldn't care less about what others do or say.
He has 56 posts and after his first 3 he started on Hammers, it don't take a white coat and a slide rule to figure that out

Last edited:
He has 56 post and after his first 3 he started on Hammers, it don't take a white coat and a slide rule to figure that out
What, might I ask, have you figured out? And where did he start on Hammers? I'm not at all condoning any behavior, I'm just curious and trying to see both sides is all. He seems blunt and maybe is coming on a little strong for being pretty new here, but I think he's trying to just ask questions and some questions seem to be very sensitive, for lack of a better term. Anyone that's been here very long would know that by now lol.

Just playing devils advocate here, and if I'm out of line, I apologize. Some people just have a different way of going about things I suppose. I'm not ready to write the guy off just yet as a troll. He still appears to actually be interested in Hammers even. Maybe I'm wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️ If I am, I guess I'll be eating crow.

Heat is the biggest factor
Absolutely if a reloader is worried about barrel life , choose your powder according too the heat chart . Example N165 , H4350 2 of the coolest powders and very versatile, works in a lot of cartridges .The trade off wil be velocity in some cartridges. I would say powder choice is a bigger factor than bullet choice. Once again Hammer bullets are not the norm , you get more vel with less pressure because of the drive bands on a radius reducing friction and drag , while increasing vel . If you haven't loaded and shot Hammer bullets you probably won't believe it until you load them or compare them too like weight bullets , they are a different animal.

What, might I ask, have you figured out? And where did he start on Hammers? I'm not at all condoning any behavior, I'm just curious and trying to see both sides is all. He seems blunt and maybe is coming on a little strong for being pretty new here, but I think he's trying to just ask questions and some questions seem to be very sensitive, for lack of a better term. Anyone that's been here very long would know that by now lol.

Just playing devils advocate here, and if I'm out of line, I apologize. Some people just have a different way of going about things I suppose. I'm not ready to write the guy off just yet as a troll. He still appears to actually be interested in Hammers even. Maybe I'm wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️ If I am, I guess I'll be eating crow.
You better go on and set the table and get a sharp knife, crow is tough