Hammer bullets barrel life

Absolutely if a reloader is worried about barrel life , choose your powder according too the heat chart . Example N165 , H4350 2 of the coolest powders and very versatile, works in a lot of cartridges .The trade off wil be velocity in some cartridges. I would say powder choice is a bigger factor than bullet choice. Once again Hammer bullets are not the norm , you get more vel with less pressure because of the drive bands on a radius reducing friction and drag , while increasing vel . If you haven't loaded and shot Hammer bullets you probably won't believe it until you load them or compare them too like weight bullets , they are a different animal.
It's hard to get folks to believe it but you are spot on, a totally different animal all together

It's hard to get folks to believe it but you are spot on, a totally different animal all together
I can tell you I'm getting way faster velocities than I should be with the Apex-Outdoors Afterburners right now too. Reduced bearing surface definitely helps and both Hammers and the Afterburners have reduced bearing surface area.

I felt that his question was pretty straight forward with no ill intention toward hammer bullets. There would be no deviation from the question, if people just answered it instead of taking it off on crazy tangents, which is frustrating to the original poster. Of course his posts are all directed toward to hammer bullets. He CLEARLY stated that in the beginning of this thread. He came here for more info on them because this forum seemed to be the best place for that. Hell, I shoot hammers, and you guys drive me nuts haha.

Also, someone shooting 600+ rounds in a session, I find very hard to believe is actually precisely dialing in load to consistent .4-.5 accuracy and then paying attention to the precise moment the accuracy falls off. Dude is pounding wallaby's at 25 yards. He don't care lol.

You better go on and set the table and get a sharp knife, crow is tough
I just can't help but feel there's a double standard here. Sure it's a new account and his questions seem to be calling particular people out on things, but does the age of the account really matter? Aren't we possibly jumping to conclusions on both sides of the fence? Maybe I'm too naive.

I just would love to see this forum thrive with less drama is all.

I just can't help but feel there's a double standard here. Sure it's a new account and his questions seem to be calling particular people out on things, but does the age of the account really matter? Aren't we possibly jumping to conclusions on both sides of the fence? Maybe I'm too naive.

Yeah the age of the account matters, there was a time where you worked your way up through the ranks if you will but those days are over, you just create an account and act you have been here forever and know everything anyone has ever done or said , seems to be the norm as of late

It's like walking into any bar or church for that matter looking for a fight. You will find one.

Yeah the age of the account matters, there was a time where you worked your way up through the ranks if you will but those days are over, you just create an account and act you have been here forever and know everything anyone has ever done or said , seems to be the norm as of late
I guess I've missed that. I have seen several new accounts get accused of being trolls and previously banned members though, and maybe they are/were. Idk. I'm over it though. Better things to do and talk about. Have a good night, all!

Maybe discussing bullets needs to get added to the list of topics that are off limits, right next to ethics.

Then we can all just go back to arguing about the 338 Edge vs the 338 Lapua, and changes in the burn rate of H1000.

Or we need something everyone can agree on, like how bad Alco bullets were, or the fact that one impact out of 85 shots fired at any distance doesn't make it a world record….

I guess I've missed that. I have seen several new accounts get accused of being trolls and previously banned members though, and maybe they are/were. Idk. I'm over it though. Better things to do and talk about. Have a good night, all!
I've gone back and read the entire post , and it seems he sure knows a lot about several members here , in such a short time and he is making bold statements about Fordy , I may be wrong but he seems too be looking for a argument . If not my apologies , and let's move on time will tale the tale .

I can tell you I'm getting way faster velocities than I should be with the Apex-Outdoors Afterburners right now too. Reduced bearing surface definitely helps and both Hammers and the Afterburners have reduced bearing surface area.
How are the apex afterburners? That's another bullet I've been looking at trying. Have you hunted with them yet?

How are the apex afterburners? That's another bullet I've been looking at trying. Have you hunted with them yet?
So far so good, but no I haven't hunted with them yet. Hopefully next month I'll get my first kill with them. @mcdil has been great to communicate with though in my testing so far. He's a member here (obviously since I tagged him), and is the owner of that bullet company, just for your SA.

I have a thread in this forum with my test results so far. I'll be updating it as I go.

I've gone back and read the entire post , and it seems he sure knows a lot about several members here , in such a short time and he is making bold statements about Fordy , I may be wrong but he seems too be looking for a argument . If not my apologies , and let's move on time will tale the tale .
Yeah. He has also said he's been reading a bunch of threads regarding Hammers too, so maybe that's where he's gathered this info. Heck, idk lol. I'm trying to move on with it now. It appears you're moving on too 👍🏻