Hammer Bullet Crimp

I still don't know what you're at a loss of lol. All I know is after using LFC on cartridges and running through a Oehler Ballistics Lab I found more consistent velocities, lower SD's, and better accuracy with many cartridges. I cannot say exactly why, but it worked so that was good enough to use them on certain cartridges/ rifles I had.

If you have a problem with me posting on your threads I can always avoid them in the future.
As I said above, there are pages on top of pages covering this very subject in depth but by all means post away and share

I have always crimped my 45-70 loads using the crimp feature built into the seating die. I did notice that the amount of crimp varied with the length of the brass in a given lot. I will typically have several lots of brass in the works at any particular time; trimming each lot as needed.

Now that I bought a separate LFD die I can easily adjust the die to put the same amount of crimp on all cases. In the 45-70 I crimp all the cases into a cannnalure so its easy to actually see how much crimp has been applied.

And to keep on point - yes I crimped my 402gr Sledge Hammers into the cases before launching them into a big Maine bull moose. LOL