Hammer Bullet Crimp

I am crimping the 300 wsm at about 1/8 turn and can't see it. I tried different ones and some pretty tight ones but they never showed up on the nickel plated brass. It could be some of the reason. I settled on a very light crimp did not take much and mine are standard length.

Thanks

Buck

I am crimping the 300 wsm at about 1/8 turn and can't see it. I tried different ones and some pretty tight ones but they never showed up on the nickel plated brass. It could be some of the reason. I settled on a very light crimp did not take much and mine are standard length.

Thanks

Buck
Like I said, you don't have to see it, if it's set up correctly it's working

I like to catch things like that but it was too out of focus for me to read. Now that you have told me what it says I can see it.
Does TH stand for "true hunter" or "tin horn" or "total hammer"?
😂 There are couple threads here on a .270 build that I did with .290 freebore, 27" barrel, 1:8 twist, 5R rifling. I had a thread on guess the velocity with 156HH and RL26. It ended up at 3284 which resulted in naming thread for fun. Ended up with .270 Thors Hammer or .270TH. It was all in fun and I think we had good time with it. So I kept the moniker in my load books.

So my biggest question with this is how does it affect the longevity of the brass? I just started crimping as well and after firing and sizing there's still a grove area where the brass was crimped. After 2-3 crimps does the brass still hold up or do you have to trim the crimp area off?
When I used the Lee factory crimp I didn't notice any issues after 2-3 firings. I usually trimmed because of case stretch. If you're neck size only I generally needed to FL size or bump the shoulder and didn't have issues with the factory crimp.

I can't prove this but I think the LFC aides in ignition by putting on more consistent tension, or neck tension, on the bullet. It's just and idea, not a theory. On the Weatherby case with it's long neck it may not be needed, or you could get away with a light tension. I'd play with it and see how it affects your groups. I found Weatherby cartridges to be pretty accurate rounds.

I can't prove this but I think the LFC aides in ignition by putting on more consistent tension, or neck tension, on the bullet. It's just and idea, not a theory. On the Weatherby case with it's long neck it may not be needed, or you could get away with a light tension. I'd play with it and see how it affects your groups. I found Weatherby cartridges to be pretty accurate rounds.
I mean no disrespect but I'm at a loss , I have said the exact same words a thousand times and covered in depth over the last decade on this Forum, PM's and phone calls this exact same statement, So with pages and pages of information on this very subject, Eureka just like that you have it figured out , The LEE FCD is a tuning tool and helps in controlling PIDT ( Powder Ignition Dwell Time ) I have covered this in depth many many times on this forum but as of the last year or so folks are finally reaping the benefits of the LEE FCD, I'm no glory hound so don't construe this into that, all of my years of testing was for the folks on this site, My mission here is to help my fellow shooters and friends in any way I can and I hope that I have, Once again I mean no offense but I am truly at a loss, This seems to be the Norm anymore

I mean no disrespect but I'm at a loss , I have said this a thousand times in depth over the last decade on this Forum, PM's and phone calls, So with pages and pages of information on this very subject, Eureka just like that you have it figured out , The LEE FCD is a tuning tool and helps in controlling PIDT ( Powder Ignition Dwell Time ) I have covered this in depth many many times on this forum but as of the last year or so folks are finally reaping the benefits of the LEE FCD, I'm no glory hound so don't construe this into that, all of my years of testing was for the folks on this site, My mission here is to help my fellow shooters and friends in any way I can and I hope that I have, Once again I mean no offense but I am truly at a loss, This seems to be the Norm anymore
I'm not sure what you at a loss of. I've been using LFC for decades ever since I read what Ken Water wrote. I simply wrote my observations. It has nothing to do with you.

My mission here is to help my fellow shooters and friends in any way I can and I hope that I have, Once again I mean no offense but I am truly at a loss, This seems to be the Norm anymore
I post also to help out people. My way isn't the only way, it's just what I have experienced over the years of reloading, shooting, hunting, training, competitions, manufacturing and so on. There are so many variables, some of which aren't measured that we can only go off of what other people have experienced. Whether it factual that remains to be seen. We can only glean on others experience. Which is why I post and read other people's posts.

I post also to help out people. My way isn't the only way, it's just what I have experienced over the years of reloading, shooting, hunting, training, competitions, manufacturing and so on. There are so many variables, some of which aren't measured that we can only go off of what other people have experienced. Whether it factual that remains to be seen. We can only glean on others experience. Which is why I post and read other people's posts.
As I said, I'm at a loss

As I said, I'm at a loss
I still don't know what you're at a loss of lol. All I know is after using LFC on cartridges and running through a Oehler Ballistics Lab I found more consistent velocities, lower SD's, and better accuracy with many cartridges. I cannot say exactly why, but it worked so that was good enough to use them on certain cartridges/ rifles I had.