Hammer Bullet bc testing

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
I want to let you all know that today we sent samples of our entire line of Hammer Hunter bullets off to Bryan Litz of Applied Ballistics to have them tested for bc. This will also get them in his data base for use in his ballistic software. Very cool.

We are very excited for this testing to be done. Frankly it is a relief for us. Our overriding goal is accuracy and terminal ballistics first and let the bc fall where it may. We worry about listing bc's that are not accurate and having Bryan do this will ensure the accuracy of the data. We will always be truthful and transparent about the performance of our product.

Steve

Awesome, this is a great example of why I love using bullets from guys who just have honesty in mind and like dealing in reality!!!

Nice to know you've lined up on the right path.
One commet - though. As much respect as I have for Bryan and Berger Bullets (I use them almost exclusively) I have found that Berger BC data is typically 7% better than my actual on target results would indicate. When I make up a dope sheet for competition I always reduce their BC numbers by 7% before range practice sessions and adjust my dope sheet based upon those results. If I use the published BC numbers I am much too far off center on target to make it practical to dial in a first attempt "bulls eye".
So, I'll expect to find a need for making those adjustment on your fine bullets too.

I want to let you all know that today we sent samples of our entire line of Hammer Hunter bullets off to Bryan Litz of Applied Ballistics to have them tested for bc. This will also get them in his data base for use in his ballistic software. Steve

Good move.

One commet - though. As much respect as I have for Bryan and Berger Bullets (I use them almost exclusively) I have found that Berger BC data is typically 7% better than my actual on target results would indicate. When I make up a dope sheet for competition I always reduce their BC numbers by 7% before range practice sessions and adjust my dope sheet based upon those results. If I use the published BC numbers I am much too far off center on target to make it practical to dial in a first attempt "bulls eye".
So, I'll expect to find a need for making those adjustment on your fine bullets too.

Interesting. I always figure that a bc should be close enough to get me on target and then I can adjust for my particular needs.

I assume you have checked your sg for the bullet. Across the board that is a lot. I don't want to be off 7%.:rolleyes:

Steve

Is your altitude factored into your adjustment?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.