Hammer 22 Creedmoor Testing

I've run 6 - 7 different powders, every seating depth available, 3 types of brass, 3 primers, crimp, all manner of neck diameter... Even shot some in 2 other 22 creeds. Ran them from 4175fps all the way down to 3500fps. They shoot well enough for a lot of people's standard, in a lot of different loads, but not well enough for mine. There's several really nice groups I could grab from the testing thus far... but it wouldn't be indicative of the whole. They just don't want to behave in this barrel/chamber.

Make no mistake folks, I wouldn't really have an issue heading out to kill whatever I wanted with this level of performance... but those of you that know me, know I'm extremely uncompromising when it comes to finite precision and accuracy.

There are some 70gr HH's on the way, and I have hopes they will perform more consistently... as I should at least be able to approach the lands with them. I think these 52's are just too short for the .125 freebore I'm running in this barrel. Maybe they just don't like anything I'm doing. They are very jump tolerant if roughly 1/2-5/8 MOA is the delta. As you can see by the below targets... there were very few loads that resulted in "terrible" performance. I scattered a couple groups in between dots because I was too lazy to go down and hang more targets... lol

100yd 3-shot group testing
pwhgf8e.jpg

Two back to back 300yd groups, indicative of the same kind of dispersion I'm seeing at 100yds.
e9Wy6td.jpg

One group at 500yds, which the 9:00 wind did me no favors with this little itty bitty bullet. Well outside of its acceptable use range.
LJDLHJS.jpg

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Did your groups seem to increase or decrease with speed from 3500 on up?

Maybe the properties that make hammers "easy" to find a good shooting load, also prevent them from being tuned into "one hole" type groups.
I intend to find out exactly that. Can't say for sure at the moment.

very interesting thread. I have found near 1 hole accuracy on a consistent basis with hammer bullets in 7mm. .2-.3" groups at 100. But I'm a near one hole shooter so..lol. I don't think it's gonna be one or the other but will be neat to see your findings.

very interesting thread. I have found near 1 hole accuracy on a consistent basis with hammer bullets in 7mm. .2-.3" groups at 100. But I'm a near one hole shooter so..lol. I don't think it's gonna be one or the other but will be neat to see your findings.
What freebore?

I'll give it a go when I get some time this weekend or the next. That 800 yard target, I dropped the elevation .25 MOA after the first group.

With your capabilities, I'm pretty confident that you will find what you are looking for.

Package showed up today:

c8O3Saxh.jpg

Already showing great promise... but its blowing 18mph out there today, so I'll have to wait for a better condition to try and fine tune. Definitely showing more stability. Every group fired was at a different seating depth .005 to .010 apart. I'm inspired by what I see so far with these 70HH's.

Ios94M2h.jpg

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Package showed up today:

c8O3Saxh.jpg

Already showing great promise... but its blowing 18mph out there today, so I'll have to wait for a better condition to try and fine tune. Definitely showing more stability. Every group fired was at a different seating depth .005 to .010 apart. I'm inspired by what I see so far with these 70HH's.

Ios94M2h.jpg

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Out of these which will you choose to better tune?