Had An Awesome Day

There is going to be some blood shed, thats for sure.

Right and with that many tags you guys should get some cool video too. Just a suggestion. I am thinking about taking the video camera to record my daughter shooting her antelope. Would be cool to watch when she is older. Two more days! Have fun on your hunt!

I videoed Rileys hunt with my phone. It ended up being really cool. I got the shot and recovery. If you ask Riley, I think it is worth doing. I know it was for me.

I also thought i was pretty cool. I want to get an adapter to mount a phone to a spotting scope to record the shot.

Big congrats Riley and gang!!! I really enjoy seeing young kids with so much passion! Can't wait to read about your next adventure.

little brother Colin got set up behind my 284 win, and i dialed the scope and wind. She was 560 yards out, with a 6 mph wind from 5 o clock. She turned and quartered too us, the shot rang out and she went 3 feet, straight down. :)

After that, we headed home to take a nap :rolleyes:, when Jayson called us and said he found a mule deer buck for me. So we hopped in the truck and hauled rear. We got to him and saw the 3x4 standing on a rock ledge, at 519 yards in a 20 mph wind coming from 3 o'clock...... Soooo, i got set up with my 284 win

Bet that's not what they had in mind when they wrote up those youth hunting regs! Absolutely awesome stories and pictures. So cool to see you guys shooting long and dropping game at those ranges. Glad to see that 284 doing its job!

Nice work Riley!

Thanks Brandon! I measured my distance to the lands before i loaded up my last "run" of ammo, and i had .010" of throat erosion! So i moved the seating depth back to where it should be and fired a .235" 3 shot group at 100 yards two days before the season opened. That made me feel confidant!

Bet that's not what they had in mind when they wrote up those youth hunting regs! Absolutely awesome stories and pictures. So cool to see you guys shooting long and dropping game at those ranges. Glad to see that 284 doing its job!

Nice work Riley!

+1
Good job Riley!

Nice buck Riley,and good shooting, congrats. Like BNG I can't draw a goat tag. Think I will head to Co. for second rifle season, and let the 300 eat.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts