H50BMG

No.
RL50 is double based. You should exceed H50bmg velocities with RL50.
This is what I had concluded after lots of reading. I have been HBN coating all the bullets through this rifle and think I may get more velocity with RL-50 if I didn't because I can't get enough powder in the case. RL-33 gives me the same velocity with a 375 grain bullet with a little less powder and almost compressed.

Sorry to here you cannot get this powder anymore.

I am intrigued, after reading this I contacted Thales/ADI here asking if AR2218/H50BMG was discontinued and their answer was no it isn't.

Is it just Hodgdon no longer supplying it or have they dropped it from their list?

I use it in my 338 Edge and 338-416 Rigby Improved, so I'm happy it is still available here as I will be trying it in my 300WM/264WM/270BEE in the next few weeks.

Cheers.
:confused:

It is made over yonder, so y'all are probably good to go.

Also, I found a few more pounds on sale for $25 a pound at Graff and Sons. I'm using it in 26 Nosler, I figure I have enough to burn two more barrels out (it doesn't take long).

Sorry to here you cannot get this powder anymore.

I am intrigued, after reading this I contacted Thales/ADI here asking if AR2218/H50BMG was discontinued and their answer was no it isn't.

Is it just Hodgdon no longer supplying it or have they dropped it from their list?

I use it in my 338 Edge and 338-416 Rigby Improved, so I'm happy it is still available here as I will be trying it in my 300WM/264WM/270BEE in the next few weeks.

Cheers.
:confused:

No problem.
I think Hodgdon believes it isn't a good seller over here.
I wouldn't be surprised if they unveil a new improved powder in place of 50BMG. All they have is US869 in that burn rate.

I was sure that powder would be a good seller over there?!

I have 2x 4kg jugs here, in the 2 338's it doesn't take long to empty a 4kg jug.

Hoping to get some good velocity with 142gr RDF's in my 264WM this weekend.

Cheers.

It took two years and two barrels to finally get the right load for my 30-37Wby. My luck it was with 50Bmg.
I use H50BMG in my 30-378 Accumark and have been getting excellent results. I'm pushing a 210 grain Burger VLD a smidge over 3000 fps and get about a 1/2" group at 300 meters if I do my part.
I got an email from Midway USA a couple weeks ago and they had just gotten some in, you might try there. That's the first H50 I've found anywhere in about eight months. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.