H50Bmg powder???

flyguy4

I have been using 141 grn of H50BMG for my 338 SnipeTac. I have run out of H50BMG and no more for sale. Vihtavuori 20N29 is equivalent powder. Does anyone know how many grns of Vihtavuori 20N29 is equal to 141 grns of H50BMG?? Thank you.

You'll have to work back up from the Vhitavouri data.
H50BMG & 20N29 are definitely NOT the same powder, so you CANNOT interpolate weight of one to the other.

Hope this makes sense, if not, please ask for more info.

Cheers.

You'll have to work back up from the Vhitavouri data.
H50BMG & 20N29 are definitely NOT the same powder, so you CANNOT interpolate weight of one to the other.

Hope this makes sense, if not, please ask for more info.

Cheers.
Hey, can you Aussies get someone else to import H50bmg to us Yankees soon?

Hey, can you Aussies get someone else to import H50bmg to us Yankees soon?
If I could, I would. I'm sure someone might see it as a money maker in the future.
After I saw Hodgdon had dropped it, I enquired here and it is still in production.
I bought 2 4kg bottles last year in January thinking it might go belly-up if the biggest supplier stopped buying it.
ADI assured me the military buy enough to keep production going.

It's a great powder and works very well in most magnums.

Cheers.

I am using 142 grains of Vihtavuori 20N29 with 300 grain Bergers with V0=1005 m/s and good extraction in my rifle. You will need to start lower and work up to find your suitable load in your rifle. Jamison (2star) brass gets loose primer pockets after a handful of loads. Moving over to Peterson brass which is said to be better - 20 rounds loaded up for forming and then I will see how these works.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.