H50 bmg

It still might be worth buying so you have it to barter or trade for something else, very few shooters want to outright sell there stuff. Components are just to hard to come by.

Dean

PS: 8 pounds of powder is good to make only 200 rounds.
Ouch

What're you loading that you only get 200 rounds with 8lbs of powder??? I use 50BMG for my 30-378 Wby mag & get almost 500 rounds & that's a pretty big case.

Is it possible to use h50 bmg in. 270 win.or any other calibers than 50 bmg or other large clibers Safely ? I found 8 lbs have not bought it yet Thoughts and experiences please . Thanks Tribb
Thank you to all for your help with h 50

8 pounds is good for only 200 rounds ?
That is in a .50 BMG case at 280 grains powder per cartridge ?
Yes Siri Bob, well a solid 270gr to 275gr anyways.
50 BMG.JPG

Last edited:
Is it possible to use h50 bmg in. 270 win.or any other calibers than 50 bmg or other large clibers Safely ? I found 8 lbs have not bought it yet Thoughts and experiences please . Thanks Tribb
I have a custom 7mm Rem Mag with a long throat that I use 80 grn of 50bmg to push 168grn bergers at 3130fps and it has single digit velocity spreads and is very accurate.

That will suck in a 270, but it would probably make a good trade bait. Some guys have started using it in stuff like 300 norma imp.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.