Gunwerks Sued By Creditors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they call your loans? Does that even happen anymore? What in the world is going on here. I have had one dealing with Gunwerks and it was exceptional. Wells Fargo won't be getting anymore money from me.
Yes they can call notes if they contain Due on Demand clauses- or if there is a technical default. Pretty common in commercial notes.

Okay, that's interesting. I will look into it further. I am mostly curious to know if they do it to everyone or pick and choose.

Okay, that's interesting. I will look into it further. I am mostly curious to know if they do it to everyone or pick and choose.
Back during the financial meltdown many banks called Notes on commercial clients that were tied to the automotive industries. Had one client who did molded plastics for Nissan and GM cars- trunk areas mainly. 2nd largest employer in the county and Fifth/Third bank called their 10mm LOC. They had an adverse industry change clause in the Note. We scrambled to assemble a group of community banks to participate in a replacement line to ensure they didn't go under.

Pretty common on commercial notes. However lender liability can bite a bank in the *** if they're not careful calling notes.

Did they call your loans? Does that even happen anymore? What in the world is going on here. I have had one dealing with Gunwerks and it was exceptional. Wells Fargo won't be getting anymore money from me.
They called the loan due on Monday and filled suit on Wednesday. We paid off the line on Friday.

Really interesting, when they start calling notes does this typically signal that lender is preparing for merger, being purchased or doing poorly? Just curious why they started calling loans. My mother just messaged me that Wells Fargo called the loans of a company they worked with and put them under last week

Really interesting, when they start calling notes does this typically signal that lender is preparing for merger, being purchased or doing poorly? Just curious why they started calling loans. My mother just messaged me that Wells Fargo called the loans of a company they worked with and put them under last week
I've heard it's Goldman Sachs.

Not necessarily. When there is an adverse financial shock like we've had, some larger banks will look at 'at risk' NAICS code clients and try to get out.
However most of the time it is either a financial default (missed payments) or a technical default (aging reports not boxing, collateral sold out of trust).

just depends

Have a good laugh at all the people jumping to one side or the other with absolutely no knowledge of the situation or how the banking industry works. Let due process run its course. Have no idea who is at fault here, but will provide you all with some facts:
1) Gunwerks guys are innovators and good for the industry
2) if you take out a loan, you pay it back
3) don't rip off the consumer
4) Wells Fargo provides more money/credit/loans to the consumer and small businesses than any bank in this country......their mortgage portfolio is 2x+ the next competitor.
5) Yes, WFB's retail bank, under poor senior leadership that no longer exists, did a despicable act - opened thousands and thousands of unauthorized accounts, mostly by minimum wage employees to make BS sales goals. WFB generated slightly more than $2.2MM of fees, and paid fines more than $10Bn......again, despicable act, and one they are still paying for.
6) Despite all, Wells Fargo still has more deposits than they can put to work......the bank actually wishes they had less of your deposits. Again, they are the largest lender of any bank in the country to the consumer......the small guys, like you and me.
7) Again - don't steal from anyone (WFB) and always repay your obligations (Gunwerks).......the truth will come out, so let's reserve judgement until then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.