gunwerks G7vs NXS

for big game hunting even at long range. I think 22x is too much power. I think they should have went with the 3-12 model for big game hunting.

for big game hunting even at long range. I think 22x is too much power. I think they should have went with the 3-12 model for big game hunting.

I don't know about that, granted there are a BUNCH of folks who prefer the 10x-14x max power range for their long range rigs, I personally prefer the higher end magnification. I believe the most efficient marketing would be the 22x max for those of us who prefer it, at least those who prefer can always turn it down; all done without marketing more than one optic.

I have a leupold 6-20, pro I really like on long hikes the power to judge trophys, without packing small spotter. Con I DONT LIKE 6 for grizz country, or big buck in thick. If G7-NF where lighter, I would own one in A second, but that is also part of there strength.The NF has the 3.5-15x50, and that would be a natural progression for G7 to offer 2 models, if there is the demand? USO, and a few others offer 3-18.s,price point is tough. Also the smaller targets, deer and under, it is nice to have the mag at LR

sp6x6,

I understand your thought process & won't disagree, I guess I am just spoiled by having the option of short range, thick brush with a 375 ruger w/leupy 1.5x5 & long range with my 338 RUM with a 8.5x25 MK4. I didn't consider the "one gun, one scope" guys, my bad, good point.

Outlaw6.0, I am in agreement with you, I have more guns than I can shoot, not that many tho. My son shoot 4 big animals w/ 4 different rifles of mine couple years ago.My problem is in the high elk muley country that I like to hike, I have to go threw the thick stuff, alders,yew brush, devils club.When I come off top, I trackem,and stackemgun)It is hard for me to carry right set up for both.I love that high, broken country

oh brother, you are preachin to the choir, that is a great place to be. I can't think of a better place on earth. I am seriously considering purchasing a USO for my 338 RUM, just for the fact you can get 3x on the low side & 15/18x (can't remember which) on the high side. 3x for the thick stuff & 15/18x for the long stuff, How can I lose!!!! oh wait.... $2500 thats how.... lol

Said ok because a varmint, not a listed game animal.
Yes, luckily most things in Montana's regs specifically say "game" or "game animal." For example you can't use electronic calls--for game animals, but since coyotes aren't game animals you can for them...as well as light them up with a laser, use nightvision scopes, etc.

I like the 22 power, but it does seem a bit pricy to not have illumination. Think I would go with the NXS, I wonder if there will be a big difference in resale?

I like the 22 power, but it does seem a bit pricy to not have illumination. Think I would go with the NXS, I wonder if there will be a big difference in resale?
I just got back from the Salt Lake Hunting Expo. I stopped by and looked at the new G7 scope. I'm impressed! I was quoted $1864 for the new G7 with a zero-stop, lazered turrets and G7 reticle. That's cheaper than a regular NSX with a zerostop plus the custom turrets. Sounds like a good deal to me.

On the side, I'm quite impressed with Arron Davidson's reaction to the "Best Of The West Shakeup" post and the way he presented himself and his scope tonight without knocking down the competition.

I have to agree with Outlaw 6.0 and some of the others. My humble opinion is that the 22x works very well for me out past the 600 mark and beyond.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts