Gun tipped over on bench! scope broke?

The brand of scope is irrelevant to this question as it has performed perfectly the last 5 years

This is a good point. If it s a NF or a NC Star, if its knocked off zero so easy then it doesnt really matter the brand. Timnterra brought up a good point to torque all screws on the rifle first, before moving onto the scope. If it turns out to be the scope, that tiny fall causing issues would bother me.

I was doing a little shooting today first four shots not what I expected accuracy wise a little over 1moa at 100 yards.I typically shoot 3/4 moa with this gun. Decided to take a break and the gun tipped off the sand bags fell 5 inch's and landed on the scope. I waited ten minutes then took two more shots they were 4 inches higher then the previous 4 shots. My question is do you think the scope is broken or just " knocked out of alignment" the gun is a defiance action,manners, stock bartlien barrel . The brand of scope is irrelevant to this question as it has performed perfectly the last 5 years
I'd check to see if it tracks properly and holds zero. A group going from 3/4 to 1" doesn't alarm me, we all have off days! I've only had 1 scope take a nasty tumble down an avalanche chute for quite an unbelievable distance, measured in yards not inches. 8 years later I've only had to adjust that Swarovski for load development! Hopefully my others can take a beating like that one but who knows.

I was doing a little shooting today first four shots not what I expected accuracy wise a little over 1moa at 100 yards.I typically shoot 3/4 moa with this gun. Decided to take a break and the gun tipped off the sand bags fell 5 inch's and landed on the scope. I waited ten minutes then took two more shots they were 4 inches higher then the previous 4 shots. My question is do you think the scope is broken or just " knocked out of alignment" the gun is a defiance action,manners, stock bartlien barrel . The brand of scope is irrelevant to this question as it has performed perfectly the last 5 years
Re-zero shooting. Only way to know for certain! Check rings and bases torque and shoot

My girlfriend dropped my 7saum. But on the ground, then tipped over and landed on the scope. What's that… 2-3 feet? 30 minutes later I killed my bull at 575 yards. That was a vortex LHT.

I doubt the scope is damaged.

When one of my scopes gets impacted like that, I'm surprised if it doesn't need to be rezeroed to prior POI. If it happens in the field in the middle of a hunt, confirming rifle zero with a shot or two on a target becomes my priority, before engaging any animal at extended range.

I have been thinking about it and I should have simplified my question.
Can A scope be knocked out of zero and not be damaged internally?
Yes, the reticle can be jostled a little against the springs on impact and settled in a slightly different location. Unless this is a target scope that doesn't use springs.

As a wrench in the gear scenario, I have a Sightron SIII 10-50 that I shoot in comp. While in a cleaning cradle, A pet jump up and knocked it to the floor, (about 3') wood over cement. I panicked, looked over the scope, seemed fine. Took it to range, and at 100 yards did a box test. Dot, 20 moa up, right, down and left. Each 3shot group Was centered in dots. Thought I had dodged a bullet...next match, adjusted scope for range from 0 to 2.5 moa, 4.5 moa and 7.75 moa.....score was in the low 20's, when normally 36-38 out of 40!!!!!! Shot a second match, because the box test had gone so great, and scores were in the toilet. Sent the scope to Sightron, explained the damage was my fault. They found a bent wind age screw, and an internal part tweaked. No charge!!! But, this shows that when you do what should be done to test, it's not always the last word . rsbhunter

Many good answers and procedures to follow above. Some great guys here that reduce anxiety and help us all learn, and calm us when we are facing the unknown. I have a semi humorous story below.

I had a Vortex on my 338LM. Changed the rings, (1st set I didn't trust when I installed them), set ring alignment, used my torque tools, (I had them for work before I retired), and blue loktite, #242. Zeroed at 100 yards, then took zero set point to 400 yards. I was making 3/4 inch holes. Set the CRS, forget what that means, I am old and Can't Remember ****.
All was wonderful.
Went shooting with a friend. My rifle/scope went bonkers. We couldn't hit anything. I apologized to my friend. We shot my pistols and smaller rifles.
Went home and began working. Removed the scope, rings still aligned properly, retorqued, went out and rezeroed at 400 yards. Set the CRS, took photos of horizontal & vertical set points, logged them in my data books.
I took some rounds apart after checking the ogive from base. All within 5/10s, 0.0005 inch. Did as best I could gathering the powder. The weights were all close enough that I discounted them as a factor, ±0.10. Brass weight and bullet weight don't vary so I did not check them. I always use the same tools, my ambient reloading temperature is 68℉. I always control the temperature of my ammunition so variance was not there. My loads were only a month or two old, so degradation of powder should not be an issue.
We went shooting again. Perfect, he shot and the flyers were everywhere. Most points of the clock. I fought it for a while, then became frustrated. I put my rifle away and we shot my other guns. Then I had a brainstorm. I took the vertical to CRS, it was off. I looked in my data log, and set the horizontal back to what I had written down. All was good.
I asked him if he was changing the scope set-points. "It was off, so I was trying to correct it for you".
I asked him to not adjust my scopes without asking me first.
His skills improved so the set-points were good for him also. Shooting further than you are used to, requires more control. Breathing, heartbeat, ensuring your alignment is perpendicular to the earth, mirages, and a slew of other things that don't matter at 100 yards.

Check tracking and re-zero it, then post results. I do hope you do this and that all is okay with whatever brand your scope is. People carry rifles with scopes everywhere in the carry bags and the first thing most do when they use them again is to re-check the zero regardless. Obviously, yours suffered a change in POI vs POA when it dropped so 'something' did happen. Again, I wish you luck dodging this bullet. You learned a lesson and I'm learning it too. I'll be more careful next time I'm at the range to make sure something like this doesn't happen to me. Thank you for the heads up.

I dropped a 13 pound rifle with a Leupold VX 4 8.5x25 off the concrete bench directly onto the top turret on a 13 pound rifle. It knocked the zero off about 5 inches. I rezeroed it...it shot and tracked perfectly and still shoots sub MOA 4 years later.

Just today in one of my dummer moves...
Stood my rife up against the door frame as I turned to grab something off the reloading bench. My son opens the door and the rifle falls out the door onto the tiled hallway. D..n I was mad at my self, it wasn't no one's fault but mine. My son was scared to death but I assured him it wasn't his fault and told him that I was just headed out to confirm yesterday's cold bore zero and now maybe a re-zero. I am happy to say everything was fine with a 1/2" horizontal adjustment. I enjoyed it so much I went ahead an checked the zero on six more rifles and a 50 cal. Muzzleloader. Haven't shot this much in over a year!

I slipped on ice elk hunting and landed on my back. Gun was over my shoulder with a sling. I landed right on top of my gun. I was sure the scope tube or rings would of been bent. Put up a target and it was dead on perfect. Scope was a NF SHV in Talleys. I agree with others that try to re zero and see if it tracks true. A 5" fall shouldn't be a concern.

Two things I see. Yes it absolutely matters what brand scope it is if you tell me bsa I'd say yep it probably moved and needs rezero.
If you told me any top brand or higher end scope in any major brand I would say look to the bases and rings. Mine always fall off bags and benches never once have I had an issue. If it did not it off and it hold zero still replace how could you be confident in that scope out hunting if you slip a bit and hit it good?
If it only for bench shooting keep it no problem.
But with a rifle like that which sounds like it is a great rig I believe it's in your mounts unless you have a lower end scopes. I've had several low end vortex get knocked out of wack and disposed of them promptly to a target gun after being returned. The mid tier higher end vortex have take some serious abuse and never failed.

I think the manufacturer (make) of the scope is very important. The technology in scopes has changed a lot over the past few years. The coatings on lenses has become very good even on mid-range priced scopes. So what is the difference in scopes over $1000? Mostly the mechanics of the adjustment mechanism. Years ago, "shooting the square" was impossible with anything other than the most expensive scope. It can be done with mid priced scopes now. The quality of mechanical adjustments of scopes are very brand specific.