Gun tipped over on bench! scope broke?

Unknown where you are getting all your information. The great thing is in America we get to post/say what we want. I sent back a DB Tactical 6-24x50 on May 21, 2021 due to unable to focus/adjust parallax. This was a new scope and it worked fine when I got it. I had mounted it on a new gun, so I know how many rounds it had under it (46). After load development I was verifying ballistics and it went south. Sent it back to Vortex and it was returned with a repair sheet saying the adjustment springs were defective and replaced. Being able to tell it was the exact same I scope I sent in for repair is pretty easy I looked at the serial number.

I guess that living close by (48 miles) has some advantages. I have 3 Diamondback Tactical 6 x 24 x 50 scopes and thus far have not had any issues with them. (It is nice to have to make a 1 inch adjustment, move 4 clicks and the bullet moves 1 inch on the target) I have friends who have had issues with the Crossfire line and in every case when they took it in the scope was replaced. If you brought your rifle in with the scope installed they will mount and bore sight the replacement for you. That might have something to do with a customer out in the showroom waiting as opposed to something shipped in for evaluation or repair. In checking their web site they state they will repair or replace at their option, so I was probably incorrect in stating that they would automatically replace however that has been my experience as reported by friends who have taken their rifle/scopes in when they did not seem to function properly. So...I stand corrected on my statement that they replace not repair or replace at their option.

Back before I started hunting one of the guys in camp slipped on his way to the stand in the dark and fell on his rifle. 4 missed deer later he got back to camp and started shooting his rifle to check zero. His first shot was 4 feet high and when the spotter looked over to tell him that he looked at the rifle and noticed that the objective was bent down onto the barrel.

Talking junk scopes, Vortex is the clear winner outside the Razor line. It's the business model of Vortex to produce an inferior product, but then offer "a great warranty" in hopes their customers just think they can't shoot and don't expect every single owner to return the product. Cost/risk analysis.
I must be a junk collector. I have 2 PST Gen 2's and a Strike Eagle 1-8x. I had a Diamondback HP and Viper HS that I thought were both very good scopes.

I've watch people struggle with lower end Leupold's and cannot make sense of their reticle applications…or hell, their reticles in general. In a world where Bushnell Nitro and Arken exist, you just have to make a functional ffp under $1000. Sorry Leupold. I guess their turrets have improved exponentially in the last couple years….reticles next and then maybe raise the bar of the glass??

I suppose I have been lucky as for scope durability. I used many different brands and the only one I could have 100% confidence in is a Khales I purchased in 1986.
It has traveled by my side in trucks,tractors,Atvs ,cotton pickers, and many other travel methods.
It has been dropped and subjected to not always ideal conditions.
I check it every year before using at 400 yards and have never had to adjust.
I am not sure if the adjustment works because I have not touched it since my initial load Devlopment.
I know it will perform if I do my part.
Not helping the op question but had to voice my thoughts.

I must be a junk collector. I have 2 PST Gen 2's and a Strike Eagle 1-8x. I had a Diamondback HP and Viper HS that I thought were both very good scopes.

I've watch people struggle with lower end Leupold's and cannot make sense of their reticle applications…or hell, their reticles in general. In a world where Bushnell Nitro and Arken exist, you just have to make a functional ffp under $1000. Sorry Leupold. I guess their turrets have improved exponentially in the last couple years….reticles next and then maybe raise the bar of the glass??
Blah diddy, blah. Diddy blah, blah, diddy,. Vortex junk, diddy!

I figured an update was in order. I sent the scope back to have Leupold take a look at it I just got it back today. So here is what they said they did to it.

Reworked adjustment
Replaced erector locknut
Replaced elevation adjustment
Complete internal inspection
Adjusted parallax

Attached is a picture of of what they sent me with the adjustment before and after.

16444450174777526210277736303412.jpg

I figured an update was in order. I sent the scope back to have Leupold take a look at it I just got it back today. So here is what they said they did to it.

Reworked adjustment
Replaced erector locknut
Replaced elevation adjustment
Complete internal inspection
Adjusted parallax

Attached is a picture of of what they sent me with the adjustment before and after.

View attachment 339681

What year was your scope made? I just sent two in for work after they finally took a dump. They were 25 year old scopes though. Both VX-IIIs.

I was traveling along at 55,and did high speed maneuver to avoid collison.Rifle was held on roll bar.ended in on floor brds.Held zero,shot my deer with it in high wind 45,at 474 yrds March F1

Attachments

• IMG_2953.JPG
    IMG_2953.JPG
    922.8 KB · Views: 51
I was traveling along at 55,and did high speed maneuver to avoid collison.Rifle was held on roll bar.ended in on floor brds.Held zero,shot my deer with it in high wind 45,at 474 yrds March F1
I think it all depends on the hit. I have leupold vx 6 with 2 big dents and no issue. I had a nf have to repaired with due to a bent elevation post. Not all falls create issues.

The scope is 6 years old

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a limit on age if they would repair or replace. Leupold CS asked me if I was ok with a replacement for both scopes. I said sure. I'm glad it worked out for you, and you can get back to shooting.