gun case...pelican?

tctt3

Hey guys. I have 2 rem 700's that have nxs's sitting on top. The pelican 1750 is advertised as a 2-rifle, but will it fit 2 this size? Does anyone have a case that they would recommend? I need something...this plano aint getting it done! Thanks for your help!

Don't know for sure, but I googled the 1750 and everything I saw only shows one scoped rifle in the picture. If you did have to make it work, I would cut out the foam so the rifles will be a little more secure, and won't bounce around too much.

Not sure on the pelican. I have one and it's been a good case, don't remember which size. I have a SBS 2 gun case. I really like it and holds two scoped rifles comfortably.

Midway has the 1750 on sale right now for $199.00 (half price for them). Comes in tan, black, or green.

Pretty good deal if you need one (or another one).

i have the 1750 and its definitly long enough. what i would do if i were you is id find a store that carries that case and take your rifles and test fit them. you will have to cut out the foam for your rifles. i used a soldering gun with a peice of wire attached to it to act as a hot knife after tracing the rifle with a silver sharpie.

i have the 1750 and its definitly long enough. what i would do if i were you is id find a store that carries that case and take your rifles and test fit them. you will have to cut out the foam for your rifles. i used a soldering gun with a peice of wire attached to it to act as a hot knife after tracing the rifle with a silver sharpie.

That is a great idea, I cut mine with an exacto knife and it turned out looking like a 3rd grader did it. I seem to remember trying to fit 2 scoped rifles in mine before cutting and it being a no go.

I can't say for sure if they will fit or not but I do have several pelican cases (not rifle cases) that I use for all my testing equipment that I lug around the world that house some pieces that are upwards around $150,000 some of these cases I have had for over 10 years and never had anything ever damaged in them or a case fail they have been very very abused they have been on trains planes ships fedex'ed and even underwater a couple times lol they are the best investment you can get and well worth it even if they are a bit pricey at times even if you had to buy 2 of them to fit your rifles it would still be money well spent imo

Usually if you go to the pelican website you can pull up specs and measurements for everything they make which I have had to do before there customer service is awesome if all else fail you can call them and they can help you with any questions you might have

Hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.