Ground hogs in se mi

82bluestang

I live in south east mi and was wondering if anyone has any advice or a good place for me to start with ground hogs this spring.

I'd share but I'm gonna keep my spot to myself.:D I believe just about any remote spot on the Raisin (in non populated areas) will be just fine, or a local drain.

There as as thick as prarie dogs around here..... Little more hard to get though....

Get a window mount for your spotting scope and drive the back roads. If you see one, talk to the farmer and promise not to leave them in the field. (throw them in the ditch or a place of the farmers pick) You'll find farmers hate fixing equipment trashed by a chuck hole and few say no.

Yep just as weshootalot said,
I was going to say just go around to local farmers and I'm sure they will have no problem taking a few off their land as they are a nuisance. I used to go around on back roads and pop a few but it is getting risky to do it that way.

We have a opossum problem here. They keep getting in the barn and destroying straw thats to be sold. (I farm by the way...) (eradicate my own hogs....:)).

Those things die hard but I've taken to popping them (in the straw) with my Bond Derringer with a 410 shotshell of No.8 at close range (6-8 feet). Only takes one and no mess plus aim isn't critical, just point that way and squeeze....:D

They go on the compost pile with the hogs and the cattle that don't make it.....

SidecarFlip said:
We have a opossum problem here. They keep getting in the barn and destroying straw thats to be sold. (I farm by the way...) (eradicate my own hogs....:)).

Those things die hard but I've taken to popping them (in the straw) with my Bond Derringer with a 410 shotshell of No.8 at close range (6-8 feet). Only takes one and no mess plus aim isn't critical, just point that way and squeeze....:D

They go on the compost pile with the hogs and the cattle that don't make it.....

Possums will **** n **** in your horse feed and it'll kill em if they eat it....kill them damnd things too...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.