Ground hogs.

SHDeersniper

image.jpg
Anybody shoot them?
I got a ton this year. Was 75* today got one more. Hope it's not the last of the year. Short range, 229 yards, 6.5cm American gunner 140s

I only got out a couple times this year , I was to busy . I do try to get after them when I can, here are a couple from last year . a guy asked me to try to get rid of a few that were hanging around his barn . the only clear shot I could get was from about 300 yards , otherwise I'd be shooting at the barn . he sat with me the evening I took one at 320 yards . he couldn't get over me shooting one at that distance , he thought it was way to far to connect . I hunt them with a 7mm-08 using berger 140 H-VLD's @ 3080 fps . trued up rem , 24" broughton bbl , McMillan A5 , 5.5-22 NXS

Attachments

• P7280608.JPG
    P7280608.JPG
    725 KB · Views: 179
  • P7190593.JPG
    P7190593.JPG
    895.5 KB · Views: 181
^bet that blows them up.

House and barn groundhogs are the hardest to shoot. They go in the hole if they hear or see anything. Plus you have to pick your shots. I use a silenced 10/22 for the close ones in those situations.

^bet that blows them up.

House and barn groundhogs are the hardest to shoot. They go in the hole if they hear or see anything. Plus you have to pick your shots. I use a silenced 10/22 for the close ones in those situations.

yes Sir , they are very shy .one shot and you're done for the day . it makes them hard to get . when they are out , they usually don't go very far from the building. smart buggers .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.