Grip and Pull bullet puller

If applied to the ogive area of the bullet only a very small portion of the tool's surface area contacts the bullet. Doing it this way defeats the design of the tool.

With very deep seated bullets simply use a set of wire cutters. These don't slip in the slightest. The pulled bullets may then be directly deposited in the recycle bin.:)

And thats about as good as it gets, they work every time.
I have 2 of the grip n pulls i bought from Hart. The channel locks
or wire cutting pliers are my favorite.

Why no love for the inertia pullers I have the RCBS and it does a fine job.

Here's my reason.

I shoot extreme magnums loaded to max performance. Case life is short due to primer pocket expansion. If I get half dozen firings I'm feelin' good.

However tend to milk every ounce of life out of brass. One day while doing some bullet testing at the bullet makers place there was a lot of bullet pulling using the inertia puller.

Usually the bullet doesn't unseat with the first whack. On a second whack on the concrete floor the primer ignited and bounced all over the shop. Quite eye opening.

Cause was loose primer pocket causing first whack to raise the primer and the second whack to reseat it with vigor. Enough vigor to set it off.

If the primer pocket would have been a bit more tight the powder charge most probably would have ignited. Would have been a helluva mess.:rolleyes:

Since that incident I've done the following:

- Don't load so hot. @n $4.00 a case it ain't worth it.
- Got the grip n pull which replaced a Hornady puller

I just got done using the GnP intensively while setting seating depth. The GnP made it a pleasure not having to replace the seating die with the Hornady puller then replace the puller with the seating die then check COL measurement.

Just sayin'

Here's my reason.

I shoot extreme magnums loaded to max performance. Case life is short due to primer pocket expansion. If I get half dozen firings I'm feelin' good.

However tend to milk every ounce of life out of brass. One day while doing some bullet testing at the bullet makers place there was a lot of bullet pulling using the inertia puller.

Usually the bullet doesn't unseat with the first whack. On a second whack on the concrete floor the primer ignited and bounced all over the shop. Quite eye opening.

Cause was loose primer pocket causing first whack to raise the primer and the second whack to reseat it with vigor. Enough vigor to set it off.

If the primer pocket would have been a bit more tight the powder charge most probably would have ignited. Would have been a helluva mess.:rolleyes:

Since that incident I've done the following:

- Don't load so hot. @n $4.00 a case it ain't worth it.
- Got the grip n pull which replaced a Hornady puller

I just got done using the GnP intensively while setting seating depth. The GnP made it a pleasure not having to replace the seating die with the Hornady puller then replace the puller with the seating die then check COL measurement.

Just sayin'
That's a good reason. I have also heard of people using a shell holder in place of the provided o ring and collet having a case fire. There theory is the shell holder was the culprit.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.