Grip and Pull bullet puller

It seems to work pretty well on the .284 and .308 diameters that we tried the other day. Also had some reloads in 6 mm that were 10 years old that we tried to pull and that didn't work very well. We even bumped the bullets with a seating die before we attempted that. For me the jury is still out until we use it some more.

I've seen them but not impressed. I've had the same RCBS kinetic bullet puller for 30+ years and it works fine. I also bought a RCBS collet bullet puller for some 520 grain 45 cal Postells I wanted to pull. These were cast from 20:1 and after pulling were so good they still hit to the same POA at 300 yds used as sighters. There's alot of options out there.

I don't feel so bad now, I thought I was being cheap not wanting to spend 40 buck for a flat chunk of aluminum plate. I will look into the RCBS one personally.

Tut, tut, tut.....

I have both rifle sizes. Any time I need to pull a bullet which seems to be quite often I reach for the grip n pull. Why, cause ya simply reach for it and its ready to go.

I have the Hornady set up for a couple 270, 338 and 375 cals. Simply don't use it any more.

The only down side of the GnP I've found, so far, is that it takes a ton of grip and pull to pull factory crimped bullets. This is a problem mostly because I'm losing my grip strength. Really....

Its not aluminum. It's a well made hunk of steel and will last for generations.

I'd say its more of an investment than a nifty tool to have.

Looks like I just need to order a couple I need the pistol one the most as I shoot a ton of USPSA, 3 Gun matches and usually the progressive press makes all the mistakes
:)

Thanks for the great replies

I tried it for the first time last weekend on some 208 Amax's seated pretty deep and they would not grab the bullets kept slipping off , have not tried any other sizes other than 30 cal .

I tried it for the first time last weekend on some 208 Amax's seated pretty deep and they would not grab the bullets kept slipping off , have not tried any other sizes other than 30 cal .

If applied to the ogive area of the bullet only a very small portion of the tool's surface area contacts the bullet. Doing it this way defeats the design of the tool.

With very deep seated bullets simply use a set of wire cutters. These don't slip in the slightest. The pulled bullets may then be directly deposited in the recycle bin.:)

Looks like I just need to order a couple I need the pistol one the most as I shoot a ton of USPSA, 3 Gun matches and usually the progressive press makes all the mistakes
:)

Thanks for the great replies

I can see how it would very helpfull in your case!

I was reluctant to purchase a set because the price seemed a bit steep for what you get, especially because I would need both rifle sizes. However, I eventually bought the two I needed. After using them (occasionally) over a few months I find them to be very convenient. Fast and easy to use. I'm glad I bought them.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.