Grilled marinated dove breasts

HUAINAMACHERO

For the ones that enjoy dove season, the eating afterwards is also enjoyable.
This is an easy recipe that I like a lot.
Some dove deboned breasts, that I marinate with TONES Canadian Steak Seasoning(salt, garlic, black pepper, dehydrated onion, red pepper and species). As doves are red meat, I marinate them with steak seasoning rather than with chicken seasoning.
Just put a tablespoon of seasoning in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon of red vinegar, for every pound that you prepare, stir properly and let it marinate in the refrigerator for the night.

Then get the grill ready with good charcoal and put the marinated dove breasts, they should be done in like 5 minutes per side, more than that will dry them too much.

When they are done take them out and you can eat them with a salad and pasta.
That photo is with some carrots and fresh made pesto!!! That went very well with some cold beer.

Hope you like it and enjoy.

texan79

:) Those look like small chickens, not doves! The ones we shoot in TX breast out considerably smaller. Where did those things come from? Maybe its just the photo's that make them seem so large.

HUAINAMACHERO

You are right. They are not morning doves. In México they are called Purple Doves (palomas moradas), very popular in the northern part of Tamaulipas. They are much bigger than a morning dove.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce