Grilled marinated dove breasts

HUAINAMACHERO

For the ones that enjoy dove season, the eating afterwards is also enjoyable.
This is an easy recipe that I like a lot.
Some dove deboned breasts, that I marinate with TONES Canadian Steak Seasoning(salt, garlic, black pepper, dehydrated onion, red pepper and species). As doves are red meat, I marinate them with steak seasoning rather than with chicken seasoning.
Just put a tablespoon of seasoning in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon of red vinegar, for every pound that you prepare, stir properly and let it marinate in the refrigerator for the night.
IMG_2989.jpg

Then get the grill ready with good charcoal and put the marinated dove breasts, they should be done in like 5 minutes per side, more than that will dry them too much.
IMG_2990.jpg

When they are done take them out and you can eat them with a salad and pasta.
That photo is with some carrots and fresh made pesto!!! That went very well with some cold beer.
IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

Hope you like it and enjoy.

:) Those look like small chickens, not doves! The ones we shoot in TX breast out considerably smaller. Where did those things come from? Maybe its just the photo's that make them seem so large.

You are right. They are not morning doves. In México they are called Purple Doves (palomas moradas), very popular in the northern part of Tamaulipas. They are much bigger than a morning dove.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.