Bacon Wrapped Dove Breast Kabobs, yes, again

LVJ76

Love this time of year, and my wife loves her dove kabobs. Sadly we are down to only a couple dozen left, but the good news is in mid November we will get another 6 to 7 weeks to knock some more down. But for now, we will savor these today.

20230917_122410.jpg

Love this time of year, and my wife loves her dove kabobs. Sadly we are down to only a couple dozen left, but the good news is in mid November we will get another 6 to 7 weeks to knock some more down. But for now, we will savor these today.

View attachment 494806
Been in this state 3 years and have yet to hunt any doves! I need to take some lessons from you it looks like.

Not as good a shooter at moving targets as I was. Back in Mexico the seasons for ducks, dove and quail are longer, also are the bag limits. The season over there opens in late november and ends in mid March.

Four hunters, my dad, cousin, brother and I in one weekend we would end up with a 60 to 75 ducks, and around 180 doves, and whatever quail and rabbits that crossed out path. We ate birds all year long, my dad had a separate freezer for just birds. Not many bird hunters down there, and for all that shooting reloading was a must. Those were some amazing times.